Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can tell by the roof rack. :thumb:

It was still a rental, it had "no smoking" stickers on the door windows. Weird thing is that it was an XR with what looked like the 20" wheels (hard to tell at 75 MPH ;D) and the chrome exhaust tips. What kind of rental company orders that stuff?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I would agree; most rental places don't have any of the exterior "goodies"; maybe it was a fleet vehicle

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Okay what is the difference in the roof rack?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Your 07 has the "round tube" and the 10's and later have non round tube design. It's hard to explain but if you look at yours and then compare to another late model Lambda you can see the differences

salguod posted these pics :thumb:

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=953.0

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, every time I see an Acadia or Outlook I look at the roof to see if it's a '10. ;D

·
Registered
396 Posts
salguod said:
Yeah, every time I see an Acadia or Outlook I look at the roof to see if it's a '10. ;D
I do the same; just remember that early builds still had the old style and then at some point LDT switched to the new design

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Must have been very early, I think mine was built in Sept. '09.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Okay THANKS!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
salguod said:
You can tell by the roof rack. :thumb:

It was still a rental, it had "no smoking" stickers on the door windows. Weird thing is that it was an XR with what looked like the 20" wheels (hard to tell at 75 MPH ;D) and the chrome exhaust tips. What kind of rental company orders that stuff?
Dont forget that Saturn built OUTLOOKs for Penske and probably had some loaded up ones, then the deal went south and they were all sold to rentals, Joe the consumer did'nt get a chance to buy them :'(.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like the look of the round tubed roof rack. It has more chrome and flows nicely with the roof line.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do too, but the one I have is more practical, I think. The cross bars drop in from the top and clamp on with an add on piece from underneath. The tube rack ones slide in a track from the end. With mine I installed my 4 bike racks and then when the trip is done, I removed both cross bars and all 4 bike racks as one unit. I don't think you could do that with the tube rack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts