Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys....I am a lurker here from the Enclave forum. Was hoping to get some information on the below question from those who have an EARLY production cycle Outlook. Just a concern as we wait for our Enclave to be built. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

1) Is there any explanation for why the rubber track cover with slit down the middle (as shown in the attached Outlook marketing photo) is being left out of production models of all lambdas? Was it EVER included in earlier production models of the Outlook or Acadia and thus could we order as a replacement part? I am really concerned about trash/small toys, etc getting in these tracks. I am also concerned with my kids little fingers playing in these tracks and getting the grease that is in them everywhere.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
hey ccats - I have a very early production Acadia (built Dec 06) and it doesn't have these either. Since they obviously gave it some thought (it was on the preproduction models, like you show in that picture) but left it out of the production models, that has to mean that there was some negative aspect of the design that outweighed the benefits it provided. They wouldn't simply remove it for no good reason. I'm guessing it interfered with the smartslide system enough to warrant its removal.

We've had our Acadia since January and 9000 miles later we've gotten nothing in those grooves that I know of, but I'm nervous about that too. I does look like you could have some sort of brush type cover that would offer very little resistance to the tracks, but offer at least a little protection from things falling into the grooves.

If any of you aftermarket product companies are lurking, here's a golden opportunity for you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks admin, I agree that there has to be a good reason for them not being carried over to production. Maybe I can find a pre-production lambda at a car show somewhere and "bribe" the rep to sell them to me off of it ;) Or HOPEFULLY an aftermarket company will offer an accessory to do the trick.....until then.....we wait :mope:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would LOVE to have these. Unlike the admin's comments, we (with 4 kids), have had MANY things fall into the grooves and it has become such an issue that there have been days I felt like selling the car just because of that idiotic design flaw. It is a serious issue to me that I have to just ignore most of the time so I don't get angry about spending 40K on something with holes in the floor.

I would beg someone to come out with a floor mat that included the covers as shown above. I would suspect that these covers would not have been a good idea on the production models because if something did get into the grooves, it would be that much harder to get it out, but with a floor mat that included the grooves, you could pick it up and then clean out the item.

Couldn't they have designed something like they have on the gear selector that covers the open groove as it moves back and forth?

Please, someone smart, create something to take care of this and I will give you my money!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts