Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Based on the phenomenal growth of all our forums, we will be moving from the shared hosting platform we've been using to a new Virtual Dedicated Server over the next week or so. The good news is, this should give us even more forum speed and performance and will give me much more detailed control over the server so I'll be able to further tweak back end stuff moving forward.

The (small) downside is, when it comes time to move the database portion, there will be a window where the forum will not be accessible. If all goes smoothly, I'm hoping this will only be a few hours. Rest assured that this is an upgrade and that these minor issues will give us much more room to grow in the years to come. I'll be rolling the migration over one forum at a time and will post a note on each when I know the specific date / time the move will happen.

Other than the downtime, there will be no change to end users. The url stays the same and everything will look identical. I'm just giving you guys some advance notice so it doesn't come as a total shock the day of the move :) Hopefully I don't break anything in the process. Wish me luck! lol

thanks,
admin

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Members, We are in the final stages of moving this web server to the new platform. At some in the very near future, the forum will be locked down in maintenance mode while we perform the database migration. This may take server hours, but we will do our best to get things up and running as quickly as possible.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys, the site has been migrated to the new server. Because of DNS propagation times, some of you may not get moved at the same time as others. Unfortunately, this may cause new messages to get abandoned on the old database server over the next 24 hours. I'll do my best to keep everything in sync, but I'm not sure I can guarantee it.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I guess I got moved; I had to re login to the site. Everything seems to be working :thumb:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Awesome job!!!! I had no interruptions on my end. I hope everyone will have a great weekend.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

1 - 8 of 8 Posts