Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, yet another "Service airbag message" post.

I've had it to a dealer for this before, so apparently the recall is now closed. The message has come back.
My question now is there anyway to work on these connectors myself? Anyone else done this with success and care to share exactly what was done?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My service airbag message came on during the recall, so I took it into the dealer to get everything checked out. After running diagnostics and inspecting everything, they found that the recall work had been done before I bought the car. The recall covers an issue in the wiring and the connectors, but my issue was deeper than that. The part/solenoid/whatever in the passenger seat that detects the weight of the passenger had gone bad, so it is permanently set to the off position. In order to replace the part, they would need to take apart the seat, remove the cushion, replace the part, and reassemble everything. Due to the labor involved, they quoted me approximately $800. I hope your situation is just the wires and the connectors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SenordrummeR2 said:
My service airbag message came on during the recall, so I took it into the dealer to get everything checked out. After running diagnostics and inspecting everything, they found that the recall work had been done before I bought the car. The recall covers an issue in the wiring and the connectors, but my issue was deeper than that. The part/solenoid/whatever in the passenger seat that detects the weight of the passenger had gone bad, so it is permanently set to the off position. In order to replace the part, they would need to take apart the seat, remove the cushion, replace the part, and reassemble everything. Due to the labor involved, they quoted me approximately $800. I hope your situation is just the wires and the connectors.
Thanks for the info. There's no way I could pay $800 to fix a solenoid/switch.
I've already located and checked into the connector under the seat and it looks fine. My guess is that I have the same problem with the weight switch.
The research continues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts