Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Service Tire Monitor System

36K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  zrxinch 
This just went off in my 2008 with 75000 miles. It shows "----" dashes for all 4 tires. Last week it had pressures for all of them. Is there anything simple i can try? Say a reset, or check some connections? Is this a common issue?

GM Customer Service said:
Dear SurfnWolf,

On page 230 of the 2007 Saturn Outlook owner's manual you will find the following information. This will pertain to the driver information centers that have the buttons on them. You will see a symbol with a car and a lower case "i" to the right of it:
(Vehicle Information): Press this button to display the oil life, park assist on vehicles with this
feature, units, tire pressure readings, Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system programming, and
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) transmitter programming.

On page 231 you will also read the following in regards to the TPMS:
DIC. The tire pressure will be shown in either pounds per square inch (psi) or kilopascals (kPa).
Press the vehicle information button until the DIC displays FRONT TIRES PSI (kPa) LEFT ## RIGHT ##. Press the vehicle information button again until the DIC displays REAR TIRES PSI (kPa) LEFT ## RIGHT ##. If a low or high tire pressure condition is detected by the system while driving, a message advising you to check the pressure in a specific tire will appear in the display. See Inflation - Tire Pressure on page 432 and DIC Warnings and Messages on page 239 for more information. If the tire pressure display shows dashes instead of a value, there may be a problem with your vehicle. If this consistently occurs, see your dealer/retailer for service.

I hope this is the information that you were seeking.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.