Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going over the towing section in the manual and it says that even if one has an Outlook with a tow package, two circuits, for battery and for trailer brakes, are not connected to the wires. Since I need all 7 to be fully operational I asked the dealer to do that and they told me it would cost me 100 bucks. Has anybody done it "at home" ? Is it difficult ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I also bought the tow package, but have not used my trailer yet (expecting to use it this Summer). I only have a boat trailer, so...are the 2 extra wires used only if your trailer has brakes and a battery to power?
I am assuming lights, brake lights, directionals, etc. all work as delivered and no extra wiring is needed... is that correct?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jfullam said:
I also bought the tow package, but have not used my trailer yet (expecting to use it this Summer). I only have a boat trailer, so...are the 2 extra wires used only if your trailer has brakes and a battery to power?
I am assuming lights, brake lights, directionals, etc. all work as delivered and no extra wiring is needed... is that correct?
I think this is what the manual says. You should be OK with your boat trailer but most likely will need a 7 to 4 pin adapter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed at U-Haul they sell adapters for the 7 to 4 pin and vice versa for towing capabilities. I had to use it in my '98 Silverado when towing trailers, but you can just as easily reverse the process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts