Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
sixathome said:
She is still a great SUV and will be for a long time, right Sail :)
Hi Six!

Yea the VUE is a great little SUV and it will be for a long time. My plans for the future is to keep it until the wheels fall off. So yes that means I will be having the timing belt replaced down the road, probably 2 or more like 3 years out.

Looks great drives great and gets way better gas mileage than either my previous Outlook and my current Enclave.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yessir :thumb: I'm getting ready to drain and fill the trans fluid again in mine to keep it fresh, those Honda tranny's are tough on fluid. Special Honda trans fluid, $10. qt :eek: had to buy 4 qts.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
sixathome said:
Yessir :thumb: I'm getting ready to drain and fill the trans fluid again in mine to keep it fresh, those Honda tranny's are tough on fluid. Special Honda trans fluid, $10. qt :eek: had to buy 4 qts.
:eek: WOW!

·
Registered
396 Posts
sixathome said:
It is true the Honda trannys take special fluid, but $10/qt? Yikes. I can't say I ever bought any, so I dunno if that's the common price or not.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ive also seen Honda has their special PS fluid.

auto parts stores have it.. HONDA only. or for use in HONDA. something like that.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Yep it's true, with tax, out the door I spent $40.19 for four qts, I guess when it comes to that vehicle and from what I've read on the Vue forums and from old Saturn techs on the boards, they say only use Honda Z1 or Honda DW1, which replaced the Z1 fluid, that's what I'm only using, plus I have an extended warranty on it. This will be the third time I have drained and filled in 10K.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
:'( I do believe I just hit a wall with the 03 VUE.

Since the Enclave was at Reichard last evening my husband and I used the VUE to go out to dinner. We were talking, and you know how I love to talk. Anyway I reached over and turned off the radio just so he could hear me, like I wanted to make sure he HEARD me. ;)

Then we stopped and turned right at a light and I thought....WTH is that noise coming from the front end? So I asked my husband when did that noise start. Like DUHHHH he said he had not heard that before (hummm radio on all the time).

Anyway it wasn't a clunk or a thud more like a creak. I am....perhaps wrong...thinking struts. :-\ Everything underneath is original and at 79,185 miles...perhaps.

I called Ted this morning and we are dropping it off at his place in the morning and my husband gets to drive his little skate board (350Z) tomorrow.

Sighhhhhh.....

Oh and there was a rattle in the back and I thought WTH again what is happening? You are going to laugh, because yea I did, really I did. When he was putting the new license tag/sticker for 2012 on the VUE he broke the plastic license plate holder that is around the plate. LOL the one that says "Jake Sweeney Saturn....I love my Saturn". LOL guess I need to go out there this weekend and take it off because it was driving me crazy last night. :help:

·
Registered
353 Posts
@Sailfish, how have you been? Let me know how things go with the Vue. Why did you have your Enclave into Reichard?

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
GM Customer Service said:
@Sailfish, how have you been? Let me know how things go with the Vue. Why did you have your Enclave into Reichard?

Had the Enclave to Reichard on Monday for an oil change/tire rotation PLUS the darn drivers seat was rocking again. Had the tracks replaced last September but it showed back up again.

They were going to install the "now recommended" bracket except, and this is pretty funny, there is also an adhesive strip needed and well bracket in stock but no adhesive strip. Go figure you would think that if you have the one you have to have the other. :-\

I could not wait around so I headed back up there Tuesday to have the bracket installed and...you definitely are NOT going to believe this. While putting the bracket in the tech striped the threads on the very last bolt. He then took a "tap" to resolve that issue and THE TAP BROKE COMPLETE APART!

Talk about poor Steve having to come into the customer service lounge and tell me that. It was too funny he walked in with his head hanging down and sat next to me and I said "okay what happened this time". He told me and I laughed and said "no ****" so guess you have a loaner for me...yep he said he would get one.

He did say they would have it repaired late Tuesday and I said nope see you Wednesday. So that is my "three" days with Reichard and I still say they are a great dealership. It happens one just needs to roll with it.

Now as for the VUE have to have the McPhearson struts/strut plate/tie rods replaced. Ted has quoted between $950-1,000. :banghead: And we just spent over $500.00 on a combination ABS RR sensor hub on the VUE and the brakes on husbands 350Z in early January.

·
Registered
353 Posts
@Sailfish, Oh my… so were you able to pick up the Enclave yesterday? If so, how is the seat?

That's right you just have that stuff done right after Christmas, right?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
GM Customer Service said:
@Sailfish, Oh my… so were you able to pick up the Enclave yesterday? If so, how is the seat?

That's right you just have that stuff done right after Christmas, right?

LOL yea I picked it up yesterday morning. So far seat isn't rocking, and my husband was driving it last evening.

As for the other repair cost for the VUE and 350Zz yep right after Christmas...I think I was saying "bah-humbug" during the holidays.

Hey good to hear from you and other than this...I am doing pretty good, just dealing with an allergic reaction to something, swollen eyes and a rash on my face/hands/wrists and I am on a medical steroid for 10 days. Heading to doctor this afternoon.

I swear my life is always an adventure and there are some times I wish that adventure would slow down a tad.

Hope you are well and I have got to get moving so later!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Sailfish said:
LOL yea I picked it up yesterday morning. So far seat isn't rocking, and my husband was driving it last evening.

As for the other repair cost for the VUE and 350Zz yep right after Christmas...I think I was saying "bah-humbug" during the holidays.

Hey good to hear from you and other than this...I am doing pretty good, just dealing with an allergic reaction to something, swollen eyes and a rash on my face/hands/wrists and I am on a medical steroid for 10 days. Heading to doctor this afternoon.

I swear my life is always an adventure and there are some times I wish that adventure would slow down a tad.

Hope you are well and I have got to get moving so later!
LMAO well that didn't last long. I drove over to my doctor's today, 60 minute drive and you will never guess what...YEP...so...

I called Steve and when he answered I said "hey this is your favorite customer calling to talk with you for the FOURTH day in a row". Yea I wasn't in great spirits so I didn't talk long I just said I was going to have my husband drive the Enclave for the next several days and then have HIM call. (for some reason I think I will be the one calling)

:banghead:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
More than likely it's struts and strut mounts AND sway bar end links. Those things are the only things that I have been replaced on mine so far, also I think every
vue in the world is nortorious for those issues.... other than that what a good car.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
sixathome said:
More than likely it's struts and strut mounts AND sway bar end links. Those things are the only things that I have been replaced on mine so far, also I think every
vue in the world is nortorious for those issues.... other than that what a good car.
Yea that is what he said. We won't get it back until tomorrow.

Agree even though we are putting an additional 950-1,000 dollars in it after nearly 9 years that isn't too shabby.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
:eek: I just called Ted to see how the little red VUE was doing. He told me that when they were replacing the struts and such the right front coil spring was not installed properly from the factory! LOL go figure. :banghead:

So when they replaced the strut and other components the alignment was way off. Right now he is waiting to hear back from the company they took it to for the alignment.

I know that when I had the tires replace I had an alignment done so I am presuming that this wasn't noticeable even then.

Guess this little VUE is a true wonder of a little car that just won't give out on me. Despite hidden attempts by GM. :cheers: (you bet I am knocking on wood)

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
:sosad: $1131 dollars poorer but the little red VUE that just won't quit running is sitting all nice and pretty in the driveway. :blob:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sailfish said:
:sosad: $1131 dollars poorer
:eek: good greif! How much was labor and how much was parts? Did they use a strut assembly? Did they put on new strut mounts as well?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Okay here is the break down

We had the 4 wheels also dismounted and cleaned and sealed as they tended to lose air = 120.00
2 front monroe reflex struts = 320.00
2 mounting plates = 254.00
Labor front struts = 254.00
F.E.A. (? not sure what this is) = 70.00 (okay like duhhh....front end alignment)
Shop Material = 59.88
Tax = 74.06

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I hate how much $$ it costs to fix a vehicle these days.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I know and my husband and I were talking about that this week. Over all the cost we have put into the VUE up to this point isn't that bad. The next BIG one though will the the timing belt.

Gearing up for that one because I think we will just keep this little car for several more years. LOL I think it would be a good one to go over that 100,000 mile mark, don't you?

21 - 40 of 88 Posts