Saturn Outlook Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
rbarrios said:
yeah- could be a hole in the muffler- or a gasket leak on the manifold- or one of the 'donuts' where exhaust pipes meet...
Id bet its one of the donuts...
Thanks rbarrios appreciate your feedback on this. Keeping fingers crossed for the lesser of two evils. (cost that is) :D

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
GM Customer Service said:
Glad you are doing well.

Check this out… I post about the exhaust on my truck right?... My husband sends me a text about two hours ago. We need to have our Catalytic Converter and sensors replaced because we have an exhaust tick, fuel economy going down, loss of horse power and temp elevated… REALLY? Now? LOL

Michelle, GM Customer Service
:-\ :eek:hno: Bummer!!!!! Guess it is raining repairs in both of our homes this week.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
The last time I did exhaust work was when I was a youngster and had the stock exhaust taken off and true duals put on my '83 Grand Prix >:D...got married and had a kid so I put the stock muffler back on :-\. When the Cam postion sensor went out on the OUTLOOK last summer and it had those misfires it ruined the front cat (the one between the radiator and engine). Sail at least you know the VUE is still a great little car and it'll never rust.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
sixathome said:
The last time I did exhaust work was when I was a youngster and had the stock exhaust taken off and true duals put on my '83 Grand Prix >:D...got married and had a kid so I put the stock muffler back on :-\. When the Cam postion sensor went out on the OUTLOOK last summer and it had those misfires it ruined the front cat (the one between the radiator and engine). Sail at least you know the VUE is still a great little car and it'll never rust.
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Thanks for the laughter because right now...really needed that.

:banghead: :puke:

AAAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just heard from Ted, my trusty mechanic, about the 03 VUE AND..............so let me think good news or bad news first?

1. good news...it isn't the manifold gasket

2. bad news...it is the....catalytic converter $$$$$ to the tune of around $1,300.00 and that is with an aftermarket convertor. If he went with other it would have tacked on another $500.00!

So let me think....it has been a great little car. The next major repair coming up at 100,000 miles is replacing the timing belt which is close to $2000.00. Thinking do we keep it for a couple more years and then get rid of it before then? Or keep it and replace the belt and then drive the **** out of it?

Decisions....decisions...decisions.

Hey Michelle...you have to put a Cat on your truck so...DID YOU JINX ME? LOL...joking you know I really do like you. :)

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I am just going to sit here and have a real good cry. :'(

Just heard from Ted and as they were removing the ONE cat and uncoupling the flange from the second one it broke off.

Sooooo damnit there goes another $500.00 out the window.

You know if it wasn't 9AM I would go and fix myself a stiff drink.

LOL oh well....Ted was so sorry to have to call me with the added bad news and I just chuckled, yea I really did. He commented that I was taking all of this so very well and I told him that I have come to realize that everything can be replaced except for one thing....and that is death. That is how I view things anymore and actually I do not get as stressed out as I once did.

Now...hurry up NOON!!! ;D ;)

·
Registered
754 Posts
The cat got a hole in it?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
rbarrios said:
The cat got a hole in it?
The one was bad the other...not until they tried to remove the first one. We will be able to view the parts when we pick up the VUE after my husband gets home from work tonight.

Hey my husband was asking about the cat's concerning the metal in them. I didn't ask Ted this but isn't there a value in these?

·
Registered
754 Posts
yes, theres some 'precious' metals inside the CATs.

here in Los Angeles.. theres a problem with thieves showing up to parking lots--- and using battery powered Saw's All's will cut off the Cats on cars and either resell them--- or recycle them.

Theres a preference to some SUVs as they sit higher- and they can saw off the cats easier.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sailfish said:
:-\ :eek:hno: Bummer!!!!! Guess it is raining repairs in both of our homes this week.
Right!!! I apologize for hijacking your thread, was not my intention. LOL

On a good note, it is not our Catalytic Converter, thank goodness. We have an exhaust link at the exhaust manifold. $180.00 is a whole lot better than $521.00.

I hope you are going to have an awesome weekend with this gorgeous weather.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
:thumb: Great news for you!

As for hi-jacking my thread NEVER EVER WORRY ABOUT THAT!

I don't mind if people get off track on any of the threads that I may start. It just shows that during a discussion something may pop into someones head in which kind of sort of fits in with what I may have started. Then if it doesn't...I don't mind that either. ;D

I hope you have a great day as well!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
:( Well here is the breakdown of yet another cost.... :'( yet as Ted was saying except for the timing belt there really isn't anything else that should need to be fixed. Although I am not going to hold my breath on that one.

1 front Y pipe and converter $1,100.00
1 front pipe and converter $ 450.00
labor $ 117.00
there standard 6% shop material charge $ 50.01
Then of course there is that tax $ 120.19

So an additional $1,837.20 has been spent on the VUE and I am not even going to add up how much we have spent over all as I just may faint. But I am betting it is pretty close to what 03 VUE's are selling for.

Oh well...like I said going to run the heck out of it for the next two years, think I will just park my Enclave and go VUE for the summer.

·
Registered
754 Posts
is this what you got? theyre going for 400-500 on ebay.

considering youre NOT in CA (this a 49 state Cat)--- Id have researched some other cats.... CA requires different cats...

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Not sure I didn't look at the part my husband did. I did get a peek at it through the service bay when my husband was looking at the larger/longer piece as the service tech stood it up on end and it was probably 4ft in length. The second part was I presume, lying on the floor.

Ted did say that the GM certified part, the first more expensive one on the list, would have cost at least $500.00 more. So he installed after market which I have no problem with considering the age of the VUE.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I am so.... :banghead: ???.

As we were picking up my husband's 350Z from having the brakes and such replaced for the SECOND TIME in 3 months he just had to mention...

The VUE still has a vibration when at speeds of 60mph.

WTH! We just dropped over $3100.00 in that car since December and there is still something wrong?

I already decided after the problems with the 350Z to NOT take it back to Ted, my mechanic for 17 years but to Colletti. Do I need to rethink and take all of my business to them and away from Ted?

Since Colletti can do alignments I am going to make an appointment within the next couple weeks and hand the VUE over to them to figure out what is going on.

Can you say...."moths" will be residing in my pocketbook for quite a while? :p

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Is Ted too busy that he can't focus on his long time customers? It seems like he's not taking his time or dbl checking his work.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
sixathome said:
Is Ted too busy that he can't focus on his long time customers? It seems like he's not taking his time or dbl checking his work.
I have no idea. I do know that he is planning on retiring so I am wondering if he is turning over more of the work to the other guy in the garage.

Based on the latest issues with the Z and the VUE I am really considering just not going back. I will be making an appointment within the next couple weeks to get VUE checked out and hopefully figure out what is going on.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sailfish said:
I am so.... :banghead: ???.

As we were picking up my husband's 350Z from having the brakes and such replaced for the SECOND TIME in 3 months he just had to mention...

The VUE still has a vibration when at speeds of 60mph.

WTH! We just dropped over $3100.00 in that car since December and there is still something wrong?

I already decided after the problems with the 350Z to NOT take it back to Ted, my mechanic for 17 years but to Colletti. Do I need to rethink and take all of my business to them and away from Ted?

Since Colletti can do alignments I am going to make an appointment within the next couple weeks and hand the VUE over to them to figure out what is going on.

Can you say...."moths" will be residing in my pocketbook for quite a while? :p
It saddens me to read that you are having to go through this with the Vue. I hope things will get better soon!!!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
GM Customer Service said:
It saddens me to read that you are having to go through this with the Vue. I hope things will get better soon!!!

Thanks Michelle. Yea I am not happy. Although if I spread out the cost over the nearly 9 years we have owned the VUE not to bad. Just that the biggest expenses had to come along all at once.

Oh well...time will tell as to how long we will keep the VUE now. LOL perhaps this next check will be nothing major and just perhaps the VUE will just keep on rolling not costing anymore money, other than regular maintenance that is.

:mope: I totally forgot that there will be what is considered major expense at 100,000 miles the timing belt will need to be changed. :banghead:

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
:'( I have finally made an appointment with Colletti Motorsports next week for the VUE. Dropping it off Tuesday afternoon and hopefully they will figure out why there is still a vibration in the steering.

If it has anything to do with the work already done on the front I will be so pissed off and you can bet I will be making a call to Ted.

I just have to sit back and wait until Bruce tells me what the problem is. Trying to stay calm....and that isn't something I do well, okay sometimes I do. :help:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Sailfish said:
:'( I have finally made an appointment with Colletti Motorsports next week for the VUE. Dropping it off Tuesday afternoon and hopefully they will figure out why there is still a vibration in the steering.

If it has anything to do with the work already done on the front I will be so pissed off and you can bet I will be making a call to Ted.

I just have to sit back and wait until Bruce tells me what the problem is. Trying to stay calm....and that isn't something I do well, okay sometimes I do. :help:
Have you heard anything about the Vue?

61 - 80 of 88 Posts