Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI ALL,

I am new to this forum, just thought i would post a pic or two (not good pics sorry) and say whats up! This is my wifes Outlook XR, we have had it for about a month. She loves the car! I myself drive a Tahoe, my wife wanted something smaller, so we got the outlook that is one inch shorter in length...HA! I will say it is roomier than mine and you can definitely seat adults in the third row comfortably. I did hear it now is being called a full size Crossover SUV. It drives great, it has "every" option, except for the engine block heater, but we live in CA, so really do not need it. In anyway, greetings to all and i will keep coming back to this site to post, i have found some interesting posts and good way to keep up to date with the latest.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats! That's one sharp looking vehicle, SilverXR. The silver accentuates the Outlook's lines really well. I've got the Cocoa, but, that silver looks terrific. I'm actually a little jealous. I guess I'll just have to admire from afar. lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great looking vehicle!

We almost went with a Silver Outlook, but after two silver cars (LW300 & AWD V6 Vue) and a white one ('96 SC2), I had to go to the "darkside."
You'll definitely enjoy what the Outlook has to offer. I know my 4-year old daughter does.

Welcome to the community.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all,

My wife actually wanted a black, but after several looks and trips, she ended up with the Silver. She actually wanted a true black because the Charcoal was not looking good for her, now i hear they are coming out with a black...oh well! I think all the outlooks look nice, they are different from any other car on the road, except for the Acadia. Believe it or not, we still have not seen an Outlook other than ours in our area. I guess that is a good thing, not like my tahoe, who does not have one. My daughter also loves it (8yrs), she never sits in the same seat in the back, it like musical chairs with her. She also says that it is like a limo when she sits in the third row seats. I am still learning th tips and tricks the car has, so if anyone has something on a feature please share...

Question for anyone, has anyone ever driven in snow? (AWD) Chains/No Chains, does the AWD take care of business in the snow?

·
Registered
14 Posts
SilverXR said:
Thanks all,

My wife actually wanted a black, but after several looks and trips, she ended up with the Silver. She actually wanted a true black because the Charcoal was not looking good for her, now i hear they are coming out with a black...oh well! I think all the outlooks look nice, they are different from any other car on the road, except for the Acadia. Believe it or not, we still have not seen an Outlook other than ours in our area. I guess that is a good thing, not like my tahoe, who does not have one. My daughter also loves it (8yrs), she never sits in the same seat in the back, it like musical chairs with her. She also says that it is like a limo when she sits in the third row seats. I am still learning th tips and tricks the car has, so if anyone has something on a feature please share...

Question for anyone, has anyone ever driven in snow? (AWD) Chains/No Chains, does the AWD take care of business in the snow?
No chains on these vehicles, they won't work out too well with the driveline as well as clearances between tire and fenders.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks boyle002,

That is good to know. I thought i would get more replies with any Snow usage and how they handle without chains (now that i know). I am sure someone out their has tested some snow driving. Please give us your experience! The Outlook forum seems to be quite compared to the Acadia forum... I definately read some good reviews on the Acadia site; i know it is the same as the Outlook if we had to compare, but would like to here "Outlook" experiences!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, I've not driven in the snow yet, but I have driven in some light rain here in Southern California! It's a lot like ice here when it barely rains. Since we never get much rain to start with, when the first one arrives, all the oil and crud in the roadway comes to the top. Couple that with some brand new asphalt in my area and you've basically got a black ice situation. I did goose the throttle a little bit and got the AWD to kick in completely. Seemed very surefooted and positively stuck to the road. The throttle mitigation of the traction control was close to that of other vehicles that I've driven with it. Sorta felt like the car was malfunctioning since you input throttle and expect more acceleration but you don't get it due to traction control preventing over-throttle situations. I like it very much. It makes me feel as if my wife will be very safe while driving it on her commutes to work and such. I also turned a few corners at a higher speed than I normally would, but it was very early in the morning with little to no traffic. The stabilitrac locked me in on two that I was about to break traction on. It worked flawlessly and applied braking pressure to the inside wheels, which kept the slip to a minimum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts