Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 2007 outlook XR. It seems to shift into gear but does so quite slowly. Once in gear and moving, everything seems to shift fine between gears. Again this is shifting from P into D or R that it seems to do so slowly. Any comments?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine does the same thing. When the transmission guy test drove the vehicle, he commented about the delay. But, he thought it might just be programmed that way. A Chevy technician that test drove it, thought something might be sticking. But, the fact that it does it exactly the same, EVERY TIME, doesn't seem like something sticking. I'm getting it back today or tomorrow from a complete transmission rebuild so I'll see if it's any different.

·
Registered
754 Posts
had the fluid ever been changed?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Carfax shows transmission serviced (along with some other things) at about 100,000 (now at 122,000) so I assume that means transmission fluid changed.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I would hope it means they drained fluid etc...
Unless they merely checked the fluid level.

I would check the fluid and see that its a clear red color...

·
Registered
25 Posts
The way it was worded on carfax made me think it was probably changed but you never know! The transmission guy looked at the fluid and said it looked fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts