Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10450865

Component: AIR BAGS

Details: TL* THE CONTACT OWNS A 2007 SATURN OUTLOOK. THE CONTACT WAS DRIVING 40 MPH WHEN WATER LEAKED FROM BOTH SIDES OF THE FRONT AIR BAGS. THE VEHICLE WAS NOT TAKEN TO THE DEALER. THE MANUFACTURER WAS CONTACTED BUT THE VEHICLE WAS NOT REPAIRED. THE VIN WAS UNAVAILABLE. THE FAILURE MILEAGE WAS 94,000 AND THE CURRENT MILEAGE WAS 101,000. UPDATED 04/13/12 *BF

CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10453710

Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM

CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10454730

Component: POWER TRAIN

Details: WHILE DRIVING WITH MY FAMILY ON THE HIGHWAY, WE BEGAN TO EXPERIENCE UNUSUAL GEAR SHIFTING. IT FELT AS THOUGH THE VEHICLE DIDNT KNOW WHICH GEAR TO BE IN. WE MADE IT HOME, AND THEN A FEW HOURS LATER I STARTED THE CAR AND THE TRANSMISSION WAS MAKING THE SOUND OF A FAN BEING SPUN WAY TOO FAST. WE STARTED TO DRIVE AND THE GEAR SHIFTING WAS AGAIN ERRATIC. AFTER STOPPING TO CHECK IT THEN GETTING BACK ON THE ROAD WE NO LONGER HAD THE FIRST 3 GEARS. I WOULD HAVE TO PRESS ON THE GAS PEDDLE ALMOST TO THE FLOOR TO GET THE CAR MOVING AGAIN. I CALLED GM AND THEY SAID TAKE IT TO A DEALERSHIP FOR A DIAGNOSES [OUR LOCAL DEALERSHIP IS HORRIBLE]. THEY SAID IF ITS FOUND TO BE MANUFACTURER THEY "MAY" BE ABLE TO HELP US, BUT THAT OUR POWER-TRAIN WARRANTY EXPIRED THE MONTH BEFORE SO THERE WOULDNT BE ANY GUARANTEES. I FOLLOWED MY GUT AND DECIDED TO REMAIN A PERSON AND NOT A NUMBER BY TAKING IT TO A LOCAL TRANSMISSION REPAIR SHOP WITH A GREAT REPUTATION. THEY CALLED THIS MORNING AND SAID ILL BE NEEDING A NEW TRANSMISSION. A FEW MINUTES LATER THE GM REP CALLED AND SAID THEY WOULDNT BE ABLE TO HELP ME OUT (HE LOOKED INTO IT FOR ME). THIS IS ONLY 3 MONTHS AFTER THE POWER STEERING PUMP FAILED. BEFORE THAT IT WAS THE PASSENGER AIRBAG SENSOR THAT WENT OUT.

Details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��T DRIVING ON THE HWY. WHEN MY FUSE BOX DIED. WHEN WILL GM BECOME ACCOUNTABLE FOR THESE FAULTY POOR DESIGNED DRAIN TUBES FROM THE SUNROOFS? GM ALERTED THE PUBLIC, PAID FOR THE REPAIR AND THE REPAIRS FAILED? AND WE CANT FIND ANYONE WHO HAS HAD A REPAIR THAT HAS WORKED. WE NEED AN ADVOCATE AND A CLASS ACTION. GM IS VERY MUCH AWARE OF THIS ISSUE. I WILL NEVER FEEL SAFE OR CONFIDENT.CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10453562

Component: EXTERIOR LIGHTING

Details: I HAVE REPLACED MY DRIVERS SIDE HEADLAMP 3 TIMES IN THE LAST 3 MONTHS. I HAVE READ ABOUT PROBLEMS WITH THE WIRING HARNESS ON THESE VEHICLES, WHERE SOME HAVE MELTED. MINE DOES NOT APPEAR MELTED, OR AT LEAST WASNT THE THIRD TIME I REPLACED IT, BUT NOW THIS MORNING THE HEADLAMP BURNED OUT AGAIN. WITHOUT CONFIDENCE IN MY HEADLAMPS, I AM HESITANT TO DRIVE AT NIGHT.

CONSUMER COMPLAINT: ODI Case Number: 10453421

Component: STEERING

Details: I HAD JUST TURNED A CORNER AND IT FELT LIKE MY VEHICLE LOST POWER. I PUSHED ON THE GAS PEDAL AND IT ACCELERATED AS NORMAL. BUT THEN I REALIZED MY STEERING WHEEL WOULDNT TURN. WITH TRAFFIC COMING AT ME I BARELY MADE IT TO ANOTHER STREET AND COULD JUST TURN IT ENOUGH TO GET TO THE SIDE OF THE STREET. I WAS PUTTIN MY WHOLE BODY WEIGHT INTO IT. IT WAS NOT RAINING AND CONDITIONS WERE NORMAL OUTSIDE. $300 LATER MY STEERING SYSTEM WAS FIXED. THANK GOODNESS TRAFFIC WASNT HEAVIER THAT DAY. *TR

1 - 1 of 1 Posts