Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you find that the Sonic Indicator Lights troublesome? I find it annoying that I have to drop my head down looking into the rearview mirror to see the activated lights? It's almost as if I need to rig it somehow so that I'm able to see the lights. Obviously, looking over my shoulder helps, however this technology doo-wop needs revision.

I'd like to add a rearview camera to the system. If GMC or Buick has it in their system, can't we also use the same equipment (for those of us who have the navigation system)?

OceanMist, XR, Nav, XM, 19in, towing package...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with you on the placement. I talked with an engineer a few weeks ago from GM and proposed moving the lights to the left side of the mirror in a window like the compass is situated. It make good sense to look in one place to see when you are backing up...... :cheers:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I doubt if something like this would be a retro-fit. Most folks look back over their shoulder when backing up, so it was really a gimme to put the indicator lights back there. That way you can use your eyes to see where you're going and use the indicator lights to give you an idea of when to stop.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't even use the lights. The sound works well enough and I'm so used to using my side mirrors and judging my distance to our house or other things that I would almost wish the lights were not even there. My 2 year old likes to look back at them though... :D

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
I think the idea was to place the lights in a spot that encourages you to look over your shoulder while backing up. I believe they purposefully placed it so that it wasn't easily visible to the rear view mirror since that's not how you're supposed to back up anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts