Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been noticing that the starter seems to want to stay engaged after releasing the key when starting our 08 Outlook XR. I have ended up just turning the vehicle off and restarting without any issues. My wife has been experiencing the same problem when she drives it. She is the main driver. I am thinking possibly the ignition switch is sticking/going bad. I have suggested to her to try using the remote start to see if she has the same problem. Has anyone else had this issue with theirs? Please Advise.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I believe the Outlook has a feature that continues to crank the engine until it starts.
Once you engage the starter, you can release the key and it will continue to crank until the engine is running. Maybe whatever senses that the engine is running has a problem and it is keeping the starter engaged.

·
Registered
754 Posts
new cars--- you turn the key... and the computer sends the signal to the starter.
It controls how long the starter remains engaged....

UNLESS- the starter is having issues-- that is- it remains stuck... and does not pull back the little gear that makes contact with the flywheel.

Id guess its the latter.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Do you have a sunroof? Lots of electrical gremlins on these with sunroofs due to undiagnosed leaks and water getting in the fuse box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts