Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Three times in the past three weeks I have had the same starting problem and I am at a loss for what it could be.

I turn the key and nothing at all at first and then it starts up but dies right away. All with the single turn of the key. All the lights and instruments are on it is just that the engine died.
I then start again and no problem.

Any ideas?
Thank you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey Tthip,

Sorry to see your Outlook is having starting issues. If you'd like us to have your local GM dealership reach out to you to have it addressed, we'd be happy to do so. Just PM us your VIN, mileage, contact info and preferred dealer and we'd be happy to proceed with that.

We know you probably have brought your concerns here to do it yourself. This forum has been incredibly helpful to countless Outlook owners! Let us know what we can do to assist you.

Regards,

Geoff G.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
214 Posts
Perhaps the purge valve solenoid which is a pretty common failure. It will cause hard starting, usually after refueling. Easy and relatively cheap fix if you are at all handy. Just do a search on the Acadia, Traverse, and Encore boards as well as here for "purge valve"

You will find many pictures of how to change it out, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts