Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strike forcing me to compromise on Options, Please Help!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm scared to death of the strike, I'll admit it. I had a build date of 10/8, but that's shot to heck, now. So, I'm forced to compromise with what's left on the lot.

I had a 2008 XE with Preferred, Convenience, and the DVD player. In the Saturn getting the DVD adds Automatic Climate Control, and Advance audio (Bose) with rear controls

The 2 on the lot I'm looking at have Preferred and Convenience, but no DVD. One has a Sunroof, one does not. I plan to add a dealer installed DVD to either.

So, how much will I miss the Automatic Climate Control and the rear seat audio?
Is the sunroof a must?
How bad is the 6 speaker stereo?

thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's shot because I don't want to wait an extra 2 weeks or more. Even this 2 day strike could delay things for weeks, and I can't wait.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Only you know how much you'll miss the rear audio..but I would suspect you really gotta have it if your going to go with a dvd player ( sounds like you plan to entertain in the cuv) but as far as the sun roof...I'd say you don't need it. I'v got one but after reading all the issues regarding the sunroof on various Outlook, Acadia and enclave forums ( the three similar units built at the same factory) I'd just as soon not have it. Why worry about tearing the shade, leaks etc. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Before we went with special ordering ours we looked at one on the lot. We wanted a sunroof and dvd, but none where available with the other stuff we wanted. We were going to add an aftermarket dvd but were worried about it fitting between the sunroof (not much room and the aftermarket our dealer offered was a little bigger than the factory model). Also the fact that where the lights are placed when there is only a sunroof, you would have to relocate alot of wires and lights.

Just something to think about. If it was me I would just wait, it was well worth it to have a custom ordered outlook. Not a "floor model"! Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The strike is now over and they are going back to work today. They said that the suppliers never shut down and there would be very little impact to schedules. I would just keep your order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts