• help

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any assistance or help for recurrent problems with 2008 Saturn Outlook? Im a single parent of 6 who works full time but I can't keep up with the costly repairs. My Saturn is now experiencing most of the problems seen in other posts the car is not wanting to shift gears the motor is revving really high then finally hard shifting to the next gear or at times still not shifting im forced to stop the car turn it off then restart and see if it will then shift 50/ 50 it will work, my air bag light stays on being addressed with the dealer and he said nothing was wrong with it , my sun roof leaks has since the day I got the car and the dealer has tried a few things with no solution, my check tire pressure light stays on and my tire pressure is within normal limits among many other things but now im out of warranty and dont know where to go from here. I was told I need a new transmission and cant possibly make that happen, but unable to get another car due to having this car loan. Im stuck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know this my be a little late (Like by a lot) but it sounds like a combination of problems, the transmission problem most likely has to do with a broken wave plate. This problem is VERY well known for all GM crossovers/ suvs, (up until about 2010) a large group of people have been contacting various government agencies to demand that GM recall effected vehicles (But I don't see that happening anytime soon). The air bags have been addressed in a new recall and should be handled by your dealership at NO COST. The tire sensors in all GM and to be honest all cars arent all that accurate/ high quality so I wouldn't be all that concerned. To be honest I don't know what to say about the sunroof except seal that puppy off (My outlook doesn't have a sunroof) Im really sorry about your situation, but it will only get better, so hold your head up high and power through! :)

To see recalls go to: nhtsa.gov and "Search recalls"

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2009 Outlook is experiencing the same acceleration problems that you have shared. Check your local dealership service offers online for coupons that will waive the diagnosis fee based on the time of your scheduled appointment. Also ask if they acknowledge competitor's coupons as well regardless of state.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Talare said:
My 2009 Outlook is experiencing the same acceleration problems that you have shared. Check your local dealership service offers online for coupons that will waive the diagnosis fee based on the time of your scheduled appointment. Also ask if they acknowledge competitor's coupons as well regardless of state.
Depending on the cars current mileage and what state the cars registered in you could file "Lemon Law" but I don't know how successful you may be because the car was manufactured by "Old GM" (Before Bankruptcy)

Some Dealerships can be really rude/hard-headed about that stuff but if you give them the same thing right back they will soon brake, they are to test you not the other way around (or at least thats the way with the people at the service desk, trust me I know) But I would bet my last gold coin that its the wave plate, the only way to have it completely repaired it to have the entire transmission replaced, and with something as major as that I think it might be wise to weigh in the Pro's and Con's because there is go guarantee that you wont have that same problem again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts