Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since that awful day.

I remember working at Biel Photographic Studio and having Joe call that morning after the first plane hit the trade center.
I remember going into the studio to tell Martin and Dan about the attack and then turning on the television in the conference room.
I remember calling my BFF Lisa, who worked next door, and she and others came over to watch what was going on.
I remember the second plane striking the second tower.
I remember the shock and disbelief over what I was witnessing.
I remember the report of the Pentagon being attacked.
I remember the report of a fourth plane being hi-jacked and it was over NE Ohio and some reported it was heading this way.
I remember some thought it might be coming to WPAFB.
I remember calling Joe back and him telling me they were shutting down the base to only essential personel, military, and he was on his way home.
I remember the report of the fourth plane crashing in Pennsylvania.
I remember reports were the passengers staged a revolt and taking control of the plane and crashing it into the ground instead of its supposed target which was Washington DC
I remember pulling into the drive after work, yea Martin kept us the rest of the day.
I remember getting out of my truck when I heard the first of 2 sonic booms made by the Air National Guard.
I remember Joe coming to the front door and asking if I had hit the garage door.
I remember right after Joe asked that question there was the second sonic boom.
I remember it took me a few seconds more before it registered in my mind exactly what that noise was as had not heard that sound in many many years.
I remember Joe and I headed to Bellbrook to Tuscany Grill for dinner and sitting at the bar watching the news reports.
I remember the chaos in the news, especially the local news, some had the VA being attacked, which of course proved wrong.
I remember going home that night realizing that life as we knew it was over.
I remember silently crying and praying for all of those who were killed.
I remember.....how much we have to be thankful for and yet.
I remember how so many hate us because of what we have and what they do not.
I remember....I am blessed to live in a country where we can talk about this openly we can argue about this openly and yet, at least I do, accept those around me who are of a different nationality/religion/race.
I remember....hatred is what kills and that happened that day.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Re: Sunday, September 10th will be 10 years...

I hope you really didn't mean to say September 10th!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ls973800 said:
I hope you really didn't mean to say September 10th!
Nope I didn't mean the 10th. I had 10 years in my head. It was the 11th. I am so embarrassed. :-[

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am so totally off kilter today.

The thought of the 10th anniversary of the most vicious attack against us has me not thinking correctly. Next Sunday will be 9/11 the day our world changed forever. Perhaps deep inside I just refuse to acknowledge this happened. Yet in reality I know it did and I still cannot fathom how somebody can hate us so much as to attack the innocent, how they can come and murder the innocent children.

All in the name of religion is what really sucks.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am having my friends Lisa and John over early Sunday for brunch. We will sit in the living room and watch the events from 10 years ago unfold again on television and within our mind and heart. We need to always remember this event just like we have always remembered events which impacted not just us as individuals but us as a country. My heart is sad this week, for all the loss that took place in the name of religion. I am so thankful I was not brought up to be such a religious bigot.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'll never forget where I was and what I was doing when the attack happened, we all just could not believe it and all we wanted to do was watch the TV in the plant control room but our slave driving supervisor put an end to that and hovered over us the rest of the day and we had to work OT that day which sucked because all we could think about is what happened at the WTC. I remember getting home real late and just sitting in front of the TV with my wife all night, feeling sick about what happened.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤\
\ 9/11 AMERICA \
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤ .¸¸.¸.¤*
..\
NEVER FORGET!!! Keep the flag going!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts