Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my body shop install a GM air deflector on my Outlook. What a difference in interior noise levels! The car is almost as quiet with the roof open as well as closed. I found that cracking the rear windows a bit also helps drop wind noise.
I think it was less than 80 bucks for the part and took at least 5 minutes to install.
steverem
08 Outlook XR Gold Mist

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was thinking about adding one; but the sunroof doesn't fully open and I'm afraid after the added deflector there would only be about 4-5" of open air.

Your thoughts?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is about 6"-7" of actual open space but believe me there is plenty of ventilation moving into the car. A side effect is the smoky shade actually cuts some of the direct sun's rays from the top of my head.
steverem

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could you please post a photo of the deflector? I have an afermarket sunroof which produces too much wind noise even when closed. I may consider a deflector to see if it helps. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As soon as I get my camera back I'll try to post a picture. This deflector depends on 2 "j" shaped hooks that wrap around the inside of the lip that forms the "window" where the sunrood glass sits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts