Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I just had my 07' XR in for that same thing, the water was dripping by where the glove box is. It was fixed under this bulletin ID# 2146761. They had to reseal a body seam in the cowl area. The tech also inspected and cleaned the sunroof drain lines.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just to add to the pain - yesterday evening there was a short downpour and I ran in the car to inspect how is the "water flowing" - beside the the passenger side at the glovebox corner, water drips off the parking brake pedal on the driver side and soaking the carpet below :banghead: :banghead:
Hopefully they will be able to seal it off

·
Registered
63 Posts
Update: got mine back. Quick garden hose test does not reveal further leaking. However I think it is too early to celebrate (judging from others experience in this thread). I guess it will show next time it rains. This year we seem to get pretty wet weather up here in Toronto, I am sure it is going to be soon..

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Mine has gone in 3 times for this issue. It has not rained yet so the true test cannot be done untill then. Mine only leaked when it rained and not the carwash ???, but whatever I was assured it is completly fixed so we will see and I hope it is fixed.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
leobg said:
... and indeed :banghead: leaking again. In again. :sosad:
Did they do both sides? Do you have luggage racks & did you have them seal the bolts on them as well?

Sorry if you answered this earlier couldn't find it.

Both sides leaked on mine at different times and water came in around the luggage rack seams.

·
Registered
63 Posts
khansen30 said:
Did they do both sides? Do you have luggage racks & did you have them seal the bolts on them as well?

Sorry if you answered this earlier couldn't find it.

Both sides leaked on mine at different times and water came in around the luggage rack seams.
They say it is from the fittings that connect drain tubes. First time they told me they added extensions only. I mentioned roof rails - they say it is not leaking from there "we checked". We'll see... First time I reported leaks on both sides, I assume they have done both sides (extensions - that's what paperwork says at least).
The car is still in (waiting for whatever those parts are to arrive) :(

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
The part is a piece of rubber hose from a fuel line ( it is used as an extension to the drain from the hose). I don't think they know what they are doing. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
khansen30 said:
The part is a piece of rubber hose from a fuel line ( it is used as an extension to the drain from the hose). I don't think they know what they are doing. Good luck.
Thanks. I will need it (the good luck)

I will report once I get the car which I am not going to see it before tuesday at earliest "because we had to order those parts from the States..."
:sosad: :sosad:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, it looks like I am joining the club :angryfire: I noticed a bit of moisture under the emergency break pedal a few days ago after a major storm; thought maybe I didn't fully close the driver window or smth like that. Next big rainfall the car stayed dry so I thought we were OK. Today, it rained like **** and of course I got water; it looks like it is coming from above the emergency break pedal, going over the plastic pilar. Both cases, the car was level. Never had the problem before....I don't drive with the sunroof open on the highway but frequently enjoy it with low speeds in city driving, maybe I should have kept it close all the time :sosad:

My biggest problem is that we are camping now and the water is dripping where my trailer break controller is connected - lots of electrical stuff in this corner under the plastic....still have 500 miles to get back home in the next two days...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
klhm60 said:
Well, I have received my new 2008 and so far it isn't leaking. It was ordered so maybe it's the older 2008's that leak. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed.
Just got mine back from trip #4 @ the dealership for leaking sunroof issues, if it leaks after this time I'm going for a replacement OUTLOOK. klhm60 how did you go about getting the ball rolling for a replacement vehicle? Was it painless or was it like pulling teeth? Did you have to get a lawyer involved?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You know I want to get an 09 Outlook with a sunroof, but I currently own a Yukon with a sunroof that DOES NOT LEAK! You'd think that GM could figure this out. This is why many Americans started buying Hondas and Toyotas in the 1970s!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
6Sixathome - It wasn't very hard for me to do, which was a big surprise!!. I 1st starting looking around at the Michigan Lemon laws and contacted a few of the lawyers for info. What I did according to the Michigan lemon law. Apparently in Michigan if you have to return your vechicle (3) times for the same problem or if they have it in the shop more than 30 days it is considered a lemon. After the 4th time I took my Saturn in I sent Saturn headquaters a certified letter informing them they had 30 days to correct my problem, if they can't correct the problem they are suppose either exchange the vechicle for a new one or buy yours back from you. I received my new vehicle without the help of any laywers. Good luck on your lemon law process....what state are you in?

·
Registered
154 Posts
No problems with the Sunroof on my 2008 Outlook XR (3000 km) so far.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I live in Indiana and the law is that if the vehicle is in for four times or 30 days out of service and still not fixed a replacement is in order or a buyback. Basically the same as Mi but w/ one more time in the shop. So far it is not leaking, but is has not rained hard enough or long enough to really tell. Time will tell!

·
Registered
21 Posts
:cheers:

I RECIEVED A RECALL SATERDAY ON THIS ITEM AND IT SAYS THEY WILL FIX IT AT NO COST TILL SEP 30 09
I HAVE HAD MINE IN FOR IT NOT SURE MAYBE 4 TIMES WAS TOLD THE DRAIN LINES WERE TO SHORT OR NOT CONNECED BUT I ALSO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH POWER STEERING LOCKING UP IT HAS DONE IT ABOUT 20 TIMES NOT FUN

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
klhm60 said:
6Sixathome - It wasn't very hard for me to do, which was a big surprise!!. I 1st starting looking around at the Michigan Lemon laws and contacted a few of the lawyers for info. What I did according to the Michigan lemon law. Apparently in Michigan if you have to return your vechicle (3) times for the same problem or if they have it in the shop more than 30 days it is considered a lemon. After the 4th time I took my Saturn in I sent Saturn headquaters a certified letter informing them they had 30 days to correct my problem, if they can't correct the problem they are suppose either exchange the vechicle for a new one or buy yours back from you. I received my new vehicle without the help of any laywers. Good luck on your lemon law process....what state are you in?
klhm60 was it a straight up exchange? I mean your leaker for the new 08. How many miles did you have on it when they replaced it? Were you able to change anything like color or features or was it like for like? How has the new one been so far?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
6Sixathome They replaced my 2007 leaker with a brand new 2008 Outlook and I could upgrade but had to pay the difference. So far no problem with sunroof but I always seem to be checking any ways. Good luck

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
klhm60, it is not going that well for myself and GM, no big suprise considering the state that they are in. My offer from them is MSRP to MSRP but they want me to pay usage fees :angryfire: That's not working for me so now the BBB is involved. I've never had to use the BBB before so I dont know what to expect. I can only hope that it is fair to me since I've been the one dealing with the water leak problem since June that can't seem to be corrected. One gets fixed and another one shows it's ugly head :banghead: I'll keep in touch and any other help and/or advice would be great. My OUTLOOK only has 17,000 miles on it now and only 13,000 on it when it all started. I keep hoping for the best.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts