Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what percent off of the MSRP the supplier discount gets you?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was able to recieve the supplied discount and I believe it puts you at 1% over invoice. When you ask for it they are required to show you the invoice price. This can also be combined with the customer cash back offer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for replying. Do you know if the invoice price they show you is the same as what is on edmunds.com ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know what the exact break down, but it was pretty close when I recalculate everything. The invoice cost they showed me was between 1600-1700 less than sticker.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
When I was shopping, the invoice price was about the same (if not exactly) as edmunds.com. And I agree, I think my supplier pricing put me just about 1% above invoice. It varies a bit by how many options you get, since options seem to have a different discount rate than the base price.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Or, if you want to know Supplier pricing EXACTLY, just build the same vehicle here:

http://www.gmbuypower.com/index.jsp?&partnerId=510023&userType=GMSUPPLR

It's the GMBuypower Supplier site. Of course, won't let you search for Saturn inventory...but you can still build whatever you want, and see both MSRP and Supplier.

As for invoice, it is hard to know exactly what it is, because of ad fees and such, but Edmunds generally is quite close...at least compared to some others. It varies.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'll dig this one up since it is the only thread with "supplier" in the title when I searched, and what I'm posting is relevant to the topic.

Does Saturn honor GM Supplier prices? I have a GM Employee that can give me a certificate & I was curious if anyone had used this at a Saturn dealer. The prices looked good when I went through the supplier link (no login needed), my $32,025 MSRP XE came down to $28,997.88 after supplier discount and the $500 consumer cash (the supplier link allowed that in there, so I'm figuring it is legit).

Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
OL,

That's the GM Employee(GMS) price not the supplier price. Unless they have made the supplier discount the same as the employee.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK, I guess I was on another GM link. I used the one above & the $32,025 unit was $30,860.21 with the discount, or $30,360.21 with the consumer cash. The pot needs to be a little sweeter than that for me, so I'll see how negotiation works, and I want to see if any better offers/incentives are upcoming due to all the bad GM financial news.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I noted while searching today that the cash back is now up to $1250 (from $500) on 2008 Acadia and Outlook models. I went through the GM Supplier link above, and with this discount, the pricing on the vehicles I've looked at is within about $500 of the employee pricing I got from the GM Family website (I went to the wrong place initially for GM Supplier pricing, https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/ip-gmemployee/ ). Example:
2008 Outlook XE
Sticker: $31,030
GM supplier: $29,014.30
Less cash: $1,250
Net: $28,664.30

The employee pricing was $28,132.58 last week with $500 cash back. Of course, now the employee pricing is even lower, it is $27,832.58.

UPDATE- Found this on a dealer website today:
Current owners of a 1999 or newer non-GM vehicle, trade it in and get $1750 Total Purchase Cash on OUTLOOK. 3. Includes all offers. Not available on lease or SmartBuy transaction or with some other offers. Trade-in cannot be a lease or SmartBuy vehicle. See retailer for details. Take delivery by 7/31/08.

If this is applicable, it lowers my price to $28,164.30.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts