Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Took my Outlook in for maintenance II today. Tech noted that my sway bar links are loose....is this something that should be wearing out this quickly? Curious if any other Outlook owners have had to replace these. Never had to replace these on any other vehicles. My vehicle only has 67,000km on it. The parts and labour to fix this are not covered under the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I don't think it's out of the norm for them to wear out, I changed them out on my '05 VUE when it had 70K on it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Tons of people on the other forums are having the swaybar endlinks fail early...mine needed replacement at less thank50K (my dime).

Has you vehicle had lot of repairs done? There are some people who report that they take the car in with no noise, get a timing chain or something major repaired and they leave the car up on the lift for a few days. They end up replacing the swaybar endlinks.

If your paying, the Moog brand have grease zerks to lube them up. Had I known this when mine were done, I would have installed these instead of the GM ones.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
medicrxdoc - thanks for the info.

Yes, my Outlook was in the hoist a lot for some major issues earlier in 2011...although I'm thinking it will be difficult to make a case that this was the root cause of the links wearing out.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Superfan said:
medicrxdoc - thanks for the info.

Yes, my Outlook was in the hoist a lot for some major issues earlier in 2011...although I'm thinking it will be difficult to make a case that this was the root cause of the links wearing out.
Do you mean issues like the timing chain?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I remember your thread now :-\

·
Registered
353 Posts
Superfan said:
Hi,

Took my Outlook in for maintenance II today. Tech noted that my sway bar links are loose....is this something that should be wearing out this quickly? Curious if any other Outlook owners have had to replace these. Never had to replace these on any other vehicles. My vehicle only has 67,000km on it. The parts and labour to fix this are not covered under the powertrain warranty.
Has your concern been resolved? Unfortunately I primarily specialize in working with customers in the US. However, I would recommend contacting GM of Canada at 800-263-3777. The hours of operation are M-F 7:30am - 11:30pm, Sat 7:30am - 6:00 EST. I hope this helps. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit the bullet and had the links replaced while I had the Outlook in for the headlight recall. Sounds much better, no more clunking in the front end!

Crossing my fingers that this set lasts longer than the first set.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Superfan said:
Bit the bullet and had the links replaced while I had the Outlook in for the headlight recall. Sounds much better, no more clunking in the front end!

How many miles do have on it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Superfan said:

what did the dealer charge for this? I just had a estimate of $137 for just one side, and before i said yes i wanted to do some research first. Have 70K on my Outlook now & probably need both sides done. I've seen replacement linkage parts for around $20.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sounds about right, perhaps even a little less if it includes the parts. If I have time I will dig up the invoice and post the details.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I realize this is an older post... replaced mine at 68k with low priced replacements, they only lasted a couple of months before they started popping again. Buy quality parts the first time, ends up being cheaper in the long run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts