Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put a switch on the dash so they don't have to open the hood and fuse box to pull the IGN fuse? Does it work good? What size wire, switch etc? Any down side that you can think of?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
porchdog said:
Has anyone put a switch on the dash so they don't have to open the hood and fuse box to pull the IGN fuse? Does it work good? What size wire, switch etc? Any down side that you can think of?
porchdog, I'm kind of lost in what you are wanting to do ??? Why do you pull the IGN fuse? Please fill in the signature section with vehicle info so we know what you have.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am so sorry 6, I thought everyone could read my mind. I pull both of my vehicles as a toad behind my motorhome, one at a time of course. I have to leave the ignition switch in ACC so I can keep it in neuteal with the steering wheel unlocked. If I leave the IGN fuse in the battery will be dead after several hours. Also, I run it at rest stops to circulate the transmission fluid for lubrication. Every time I have to open the hood, remove the fuse box covers (2) and replace the fuse. When I am finished, I reverse the process. It would be much easier to close a switch on the dash and when finished, open it. The Vue has a 30Amp Maxi fuse with male connections and the Outlook has a 50A Slo blow square fuse with female connections. Thanks for your interest, hopefully someone can help.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
OK I see now :). I can't help you though , I dont know enough about it, sorry :(. I see you are in Clermont, We vacationed there this past Dec. My wife's aunt & uncle have a place there at an Encore park right off of 27 on 192. We love it there. Sorry I can't help you. What you are saying makes alot of sense. I'll do some digging around and see if I can find something out for you.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the suggestion, 6 but that is far more trouble than I have now. I guess some people like them if their car is not towable four down but the Saturns are.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Is there a bargman 7 pin connector off the back of your motorhome? Maybe run the charge line off that to keep your runabout battery topped up during the long haul. You could easily adapt the 7-pin round bargman down to a simple standard two wire tow/power connector. The one end of which can sit under hood of your runabout. Hookup and unplug as necessary. Simple, quick and cost effective. No drilling or mounting of switches in dash required!

Not sure if that works for you or not but is an idea. It's the exact same concept as what I have for my pop-up trailer. All parts are readily available at your favourite automotive or truck & trailer shop. Just make sure that you have a fuse or circuit breaker in-line somewhere to protect the wiring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts