Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been going back & forth on the leather color decision for weeks and looking for some input. I love the look of the tan leather (a large reason I prefer the Outlook over the Acadia) and the way it makes the interior feel larger IMO. However, I have a 2 1/2 year old and a new baby and I am concerned with the maintanance involved with the tan leather. I'm not afraid of the work involved in regular cleaning & conditioning, just concerned that tan won't hold up as well no matter what I do. Looking for feedback from anyone with the Tan leather or anyone else who's struggled with this decision. Anyone have some tan leather that's been put through its paces and willing to share some pics?

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's exactly why we went with black leather. I really loved the look of the tan leather, much more than the black, but I came across too many Outlooks that already had dirt marks in the leather and carpet and I just didn't want to deal with that.

·
Registered
117 Posts
The leather seats are not the issue, the carpet is. The tan leather will clean nicely, the tan carpet will not. my .02 go with the black.

·
Registered
1 Posts
VonHugenstine:

We went back and forth on the interior color (Tan leather versus Black leather). When we first started out my wifedid not want a black car and definetly not want a black interior. We currently have an Solouette with tan leather interior and it is held up pretty well (two boys 13 and 15), but it can show dirt. From looking at the tan interior of the outlook it is lighter than what we currently have. We decided togo with the Carbon Flash and Black leather sight unseen together. A number of other folks have commented that they prefer the Black in the Enclave and Acadia and that it has a very nice (some refer to as more elegant appearance). We were also worried about the black interior being hotter in the summer, but most say that it is not a problem. I'll let you how it looks as I think we should receive it sometime this week or next (Ordered on 2/28 and had completed build by 3/20. :blob:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts