Saturn Outlook Forum banner

121 - 123 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
a pic of the wire/bolt/clip for others reference?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, all.

We have an 2009 Outlook with 82k miles. The check engine light came on last week. I pulled the codes and determined it was P0018.

Took it to the GM dealer, they pulled the same code. Called me up later that day to tell me that the oil was dirty and that the canister purge solenoid needed to be replaced.

I questioned the repair, given that the code pointed to the crankshaft position sensor (and timing chain, potentially) The adviser got a hold of the tech and got more clarity. He believed the solenoid was the underlying issue and that we should change the oil more frequently than the computer recommended.

I reluctantly agreed to the repair. It cost me $365. Picked up the car Friday, threw the code again later that night.

I now have an appointment in a few days. The car is out of warranty so I am not looking forward to paying for timing chain job. All my searches point to this being a common problem on the 07 models, but I can't find much on 2009s.

What can I expect? Is there anything that I can do or say to get them to point them in the right direction? I don't want to throw parts at the repair and drag this out any longer. Is GM helping with repair costs for this model year?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2009 Enclave purchased used less than a year ago and already replaced front wheel bearings, and two tires. Now need rear wheel bearings. Also last week as getting on the ramp to the highway with my 3 young kids, vehicle just stalled and could not get it restarted. Later did start but sounded rough and as if it was going to blow so turned it back off. Has been towed to a garage which the state crank shaft and burnt oil in it. Does this have anything to do with the time chain or control module and if so, at 104k miles is it still good for the recall?

121 - 123 of 123 Posts