Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2009 Saturn Outlook which we have enjoyed but now, like many other people, the engine has to be replaced because the timing chain issue caused damage. Unfortunately, I am over the 120,000 mile marker for the extended warranty that was issued. Not by much but past the magic number. It is so disappointing to me that a car manufacturer who knows there is a problem, has published information about the problem, will not help because the problem didn't happen to occur until after the magic number of miles. We kept the oil changed regularly and maintained our vehicle which is probably the reason it made it past the magic number....we did what we were supposed to do and now we are faced with a $3000 repair bill. Plus, friends of ours have a Saturn and have had the SAME ISSUE under the magic number of miles, not much, but under. There repair is covered. So sad!! GM knows their is a problem but won't help past the 120,000 miles. Yes I know there must be a cutoff but when you have a faulty product does there really need to be a cutoff?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Contact the GM customer service rep who usually posts mainly on the other 3 boards (Enclave, Traverse, Acadia) and send them your information. they MAY be able to get GM to offer some customer assistance in the way of a discounted service fee.

You will have to sign up on those boards to be able to message the rep, but can use the same user name and password to sign up with that you use here.

·
Registered
353 Posts
mminogue said:
We have a 2009 Saturn Outlook which we have enjoyed but now, like many other people, the engine has to be replaced because the timing chain issue caused damage. Unfortunately, I am over the 120,000 mile marker for the extended warranty that was issued. Not by much but past the magic number. It is so disappointing to me that a car manufacturer who knows there is a problem, has published information about the problem, will not help because the problem didn't happen to occur until after the magic number of miles. We kept the oil changed regularly and maintained our vehicle which is probably the reason it made it past the magic number....we did what we were supposed to do and now we are faced with a $3000 repair bill. Plus, friends of ours have a Saturn and have had the SAME ISSUE under the magic number of miles, not much, but under. There repair is covered. So sad!! GM knows their is a problem but won't help past the 120,000 miles. Yes I know there must be a cutoff but when you have a faulty product does there really need to be a cutoff?
Although we cannot make any guarantees, feel free to send us a private message with your full contact information, VIN and dealership name and we can try to look into some repair options for you. We understand your frustration and look forward to offering our assistance.

ls973800 said:
Contact the GM customer service rep who usually posts mainly on the other 3 boards (Enclave, Traverse, Acadia) and send them your information. they MAY be able to get GM to offer some customer assistance in the way of a discounted service fee.

You will have to sign up on those boards to be able to message the rep, but can use the same user name and password to sign up with that you use here.
Thanks for pointing mminogue in the right direction! We appreciate your assistance!

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for offering some support. I have sent a private message to GM Customer Service. We truly appreciate your help!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there a logical explanation why the 2008 Outlook is excluded from the special extended warranty coverage for the timing chain issue?

·
Registered
7 Posts
mminogue said:
No! I have not been contacted by GM at this point either. So frustrating!
Any luck with GM Customer service mminougue? GM Customer service contacted me back in July and confirmed my vehicle was not included in the special coverage but said they would be willing to see if they could work with the dealership to offer cost assistance to fix my vehicle (but no guarantee of any assistance). I recently contacted GM to see what they may be willing to offer and have been completely ignored. So frustrating! My 2008 Outlook just barely has 70,000 miles on it... to few for this kind of failure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The cost accountants are really not saving GM any money in the long run - look at all the recalls! I wonder what the difference in profit would be just using better parts and not recalls?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts