Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my 19" tires manually and they are all set at 35psi per the manual. My DIC usually reads 37 PSI when I am driving. sometimes as high at 39. Is anyone experienceing this as well?

·
Registered
49 Posts
JF7FSU said:
I checked my 19" tires manually and they are all set at 35psi per the manual. My DIC usually reads 37 PSI when I am driving. sometimes as high at 39. Is anyone experienceing this as well?
Are you checking the pressure on your DIC as you're driving? The pressure will change as the tires heat up due to the friction of rolling around. What type of manual gauge are you using to check the pressure? If it's one of those one with the rod that pops out at the end, those aren't deadly accurate to begin with, so to be off 2 psi would be acceptable with that. Now if you're using a digital gauge, that's a different story.

One thing you can do is set the tire pressure manually and then get in your Outlook and reset the TPMS via the DIC and see if that doesn't change things for you. Just remember, checking after driving somewhere will show an increased reading compared to checking when the car has been sitting for some time. Also, climate changes can affect standing air pressure in tires too. If the temps drop below a certain range of the air temp in the tires...the pressure will decrease a bit.

Just a lil FYI.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tires have to "sit" for least 8 hours to get a reading not influenced by outside factors. Checking it first thing in the morning is a good way.
It's not uncommon for tires to gain 3-5 psi during normal driving.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips, I am using a digital gauge. I will pay closer attention to the morning reading.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm finding the same with my 07 XR. I let my car sit in the shade for several hours and then put in 35 psi, check with 2 different gauges. My pressure on the DIC was in the 37 to 38 range. I'm not bothered by the difference because I can account for it. It'll still do what I need, which is to tell me when pressure is running low. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts