Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to pull the Batt1 50 amp fuse to tow my 09 Outlook. I would like to install a switch inside the vehicle in series with the fuse so I can just "turn off" the circuit without pulling the fuse. Has anyone done this or something similar?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
I have not, but be careful that you don't void anything under warranty. Making a change to the electrical system might cause that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Roadhog1999 said:
I have to pull the Batt1 50 amp fuse to tow my 09 Outlook. I would like to install a switch inside the vehicle in series with the fuse so I can just "turn off" the circuit without pulling the fuse. Has anyone done this or something similar?
Someone over on the Acadia or Enclave forum has done this, or something similar. Try searching there. i believe it was on the Acadia forum.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am the one who did it on a Vue. I pulled the fuse and fashioned two wire connectors (in the case of the Vue, they were male connectors but on the Outlook they will be female) and prepared to plug them into the fuse block. I then shaved down the prongs on the fuse to fit two female wire connectors. I selected a switch that had wire connectors capable of carrying 30 amps. Now time to run the wires, I used #10 wire because it is rated for 30 amps. With the Outlook, it should be #8 wire and a 50 amp switch. Run a wire from the fuse block to the fuse, then from the fuse to the switch and then back to the fuse block. I had an issue getting the wires out of the fuse box because it is tightly sealed. I suggest drilling 2 holes the size of the wire and exiting the box through those holes. I just went outside the fuse box with the switch so I still have to open the hood each time. I plan to move the switch to inside the car. Write to me if you have a problem or other questions. Porchdog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts