Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Outlook and never had a chance to drive it prior to the transmission recalibration TSB/Campaign (#07058 - Improved Idle Control Calibration) being performed. First of all, is this (#07058) the same as the "transmission lag" TSB so often talked about on the Acadia forum ? As a result of not driving it before the recalibration was performed I don't have anything to compare it to, as would one who has driven their vehicle prior to the recalibration being performed. I do, though, feel a shift lag/delay around 45-55 mph. It seems to take a few seconds before working through the delay before I begin to feel power to accelerate again. During that time it feels like no matter how hard you attempt to depress the gas pedal you have no power. Can anyone that has driven their vehicle both before and after the update help me by describing the feel of the transmission both before and after the recalibration. I would like to know if this is normal, or, not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What you are feeling is normal and was minimized by the reprogramming. At 45-55 mph if you have been off the throttle or in a very light throttle the transmission will be in 6th gear. If you step into it at that point it takes a second to get a downshift to 4th gear to get some power. I think this is most obvious to a driver who coasts into a turn on a flat section of road and then steps on it coming out of the turn.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bluecrab1260 said:
I purchased my Outlook and never had a chance to drive it prior to the transmission recalibration TSB/Campaign (#07058 - Improved Idle Control Calibration) being performed. First of all, is this (#07058) the same as the "transmission lag" TSB so often talked about on the Acadia forum ? As a result of not driving it before the recalibration was performed I don't have anything to compare it to, as would one who has driven their vehicle prior to the recalibration being performed. I do, though, feel a shift lag/delay around 45-55 mph. It seems to take a few seconds before working through the delay before I begin to feel power to accelerate again. During that time it feels like no matter how hard you attempt to depress the gas pedal you have no power. Can anyone that has driven their vehicle both before and after the update help me by describing the feel of the transmission both before and after the recalibration. I would like to know if this is normal, or, not.
It's completely normal for a throttle by wire vehicle. I've owned 4 TBW vehicles and all had some form of lag, with the exception of the Tacoma I still own. It, however, is not completely TBW, it has a 25% throttle cable, allowing only 1/4 of the throttle to be opened mechanically, the rest is electronic. The bottom line is that we will all be getting used to this sort of feeling when driving most vehicles of the new era in safety and efficiency. As more manuf. adopt this electronic throttling, the 'problem' will go away with further developments. I figure it this way, you're not driving a racecar, and it certainly isn't the vehicle to be doing doughuts in the parking lot. If you refrain from 'nailing' it, you'll get better fuel economy anyhow. Many other owners keep complaining about 18mpg average and I've yet to see a tank less than 21 and mine's the AWD XR. It's all in the style of driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts