Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
If it was built after Aug 1st, it definitely has it. If it was built before that, it might have it if it was one of the vehicles that got updated before shipping from the plant or if it was on the dealer lot, they may have updated it too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There's a sticker on the side of the driver's door when you open it. If it says 0807 for the build date, you're all set. If not, then I think you can go somewhere and type in your VIN and it will tell you the build date. I think I saw a thread on the Acadia forum with the website. If it was built before Aug 1st, but you bought it off the lot mid Aug, then the dealer may have updated it. You'd have to ask them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Which transmission update are you referring to? Is there a new one? I though the last TSB was around May-June 2007?

·
Registered
9 Posts
JF7FSU said:
Which transmission update are you referring to? Is there a new one? I though the last TSB was around May-June 2007?
There is a new one coming that will be available next month.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to the one site the thread mentioned and my VIN came back with this for the tranny

24245971 0000F524 New calibration with shift feel improvements. (ECM must also be updated to the latest calibrations.)
24245743 000001C4 Transmission

·
Registered
65 Posts
compnurd said:
I went to the one site the thread mentioned and my VIN came back with this for the tranny

24245971 0000F524 New calibration with shift feel improvements. (ECM must also be updated to the latest calibrations.)
Could you provide a link to that thread?

·
Registered
9 Posts
compnurd said:

You have the latest.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine says under TCM:

ID Selected# Description
1 24240291 Operating System
2 24243844 New calibration with RC4 improvements.
3 24243847 New calibration with RC4 improvements.
4 24242270 New calibration with drivability improvements.

What does all this mean?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Mine was manufacture in June 07, I picked it up July 3.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would imagine you would need the newer update which should be hitting dealers either now or soon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found on the Acadia forums! :cheers:

JimDandy said:
Groovy. It was in GM Messenger yesterday. The message header is "09/20/2007 07217A – Customer Satisfaction Program Transmission Software and Calibration Update." It was there and no place else yesterday.

Today, it can be found in SI which is a database searchable by keyword against a make/model or in GMVIS which brings up info on a specific vehicle by VIN. Easiest way to find it is to look under "Campaigns" in SI. Oh, and it does have the "A". With regard to 07217A, "THIS BULLETIN IS BEING REVISED TO ADD 2007 GMC ACADIA AND SATURN OUTLOOK MODELS AND TO CORRECT THE LABOR TIME. PLEASE DISCARD ALL COPIES OF BULLETIN 07217, ISSUED AUGUST 2007." The "A" identifies it as amended. The original bulletin was for the 08's only. Lets not get hung up on the "A". If you get your vehicle flashed it will be the correct one.

Bulletin "07217A – Customer Satisfaction Program Transmission Software and Calibration Update" has a Document ID# 2015826.

With a little luck and a case of beer I should be able to get mine flashed out the back door just before quitting time tonight. Job pays .8 hrs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got a letter in the mail for my 08 Outlook. Has anyone gotten this update yet? Notice any difference? Think MPG will go up or down?

I figure I will take the update either way, but would hate for my MPG to go down.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts