Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we really need another topic on this? Probably not, but I'm looking for some advice on how to proceed or if I'm just out of luck. Our Saturn is an 07' Outlook XR with 82k miles on it and now with no reverse or no ability to go past 35mph without risking the engine as well. All the symptoms of the 3-5-R plate issues so if I were a betting man I'd lay it all on the table right now. Our transmission went out this weekend (Labor Day) and are trying to figure if we have any recourse whatsoever or are just stuck paying the bill.

We are obviously out of the 5 year warranty but under the 100k and generally speaking that is terminology for "your on the hook". With this being a WIDELY known issue and one that GM knows exists is anyone having success getting GM to cover the repairs for what is an obvious flaw with their design? I'm read the various threads on filing complaints and I'm making a list and will definitely go down that road as we have now had every major issue that these vehicles have.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give as we navigate this latest and most expensive repair on this POS.

·
Registered
161 Posts
rockymtnfishin,

I feel for you!. With the fact that you are well under the 100,000 mile warranty, even though out of the time warranty, you would serve yourself well to have your local dealership verify the issue AND seek a variance on YOU having to pay for 100% of the cost to fix. There is a GM rep on this board who interfaces with you and the dealership who may be able to intercede on your behalf on this.

Also, there is a reputable repair shop called Key Deisel...here's their website: http://keydiesel.com/Home_Page.php who will replace that 3-5-R wave plate, with a guarantee, for under $700.00 (assuming you haven't destroyed the rest of the tranny.

Not sure where you are located but you may have some salvation here in your back pocket.

Good luck!

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COCOATAN09XR said:
rockymtnfishin,

I feel for you!. With the fact that you are well under the 100,000 mile warranty, even though out of the time warranty, you would serve yourself well to have your local dealership verify the issue AND seek a variance on YOU having to pay for 100% of the cost to fix. There is a GM rep on this board who interfaces with you and the dealership who may be able to intercede on your behalf on this.

Also, there is a reputable repair shop called Key Deisel...here's their website: who will replace that 3-5-R wave plate, with a guarantee, for under $700.00 (assuming you haven't destroyed the rest of the tranny.

Not sure where you are located but you may have some salvation here in your back pocket.

Good luck!

Regards,

Jim
In God We Trust!
Thanks for the response and advice Jim. Will be taking it in to the local dealer in the morning and getting the verification. From there we will see where it goes. It's really a shame as the Outlook is a great looking vehicle and outside of these nagging issues we have really enjoyed the way it drives. A transmission at 82k is a hard one to swallow and definitely shakes my faith in GM products.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on the visit to the dealer. Guaranteed $800 out of pocket to drop the transmission and verify the problem, THEN and ONLY then can they submit paperwork to GM for a variance that is of course not guaranteed to go anywhere. Of course this leaves you with a dropped transmission and more or less at the mercy of the dealer :banghead: What a racket....

·
Registered
161 Posts
rockymtnfishin,

You're down but not out. I strongly suggest you private message GMC Customer Service (they frequent all these LAMBDA forums...there's more activity on the Acadia forum) from this forum. You need to provide them with your full name, year and VIN of your Saturn and the nature of the issue. DO explain that the dealer you are dealing with (provide them with the complete address, phone and person you were dealing with on this as well) is not willing to address this issue with any fairness to you. The GMC Customer Service will gather the facts as you presented them and, I'm assuming you are the original owner and the dealership is the original delivering dealership. DO provide as much info as you can. You, at this point, have nothing to lose but your time...the car is dead in its tracks. They have interceded on others here when, on the surface, it appeared they were stonewalled and stuck.

Good luck and definitely post up your experience going this route.

:cheers:

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Do as CoCOtan says...

GM may split the cost with you.... others have...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just purchased 07 outlook xe. Car never left the dealership lot. Transmission problems immediately. Even though the dealership is making all repairs at no cost to me. I'm having buyers remorse and wondering if I can trust this vehicle. :-[

·
Registered
353 Posts
jhelbert,
We're sorry your GM experience is off to a rough start. Is your dealership affiliated with GM? If so, let us know if there's anything else we can look into for you during this time.

Sarah (Assisting Will)
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes, they are in constant communication with GM and wondering why these were never recalled. Transmission has been dropped and replacing wave plates and hopefully will solve the problem. keeping my fingers crossed :-\

·
Registered
18 Posts
Picking up my outlook today from the dealership :blob: can't beat the service I received at a non gmc dealership. They were blown away with the multiple updates and problems that plagued this suv. Autoplex 2000 in lake Charles Louisiana have over 30 years experience in mechanic work. I have an hour commute to and from work and they said they wanna make sure I am safe. :thumb: hoping and praying troubles are behind me. :cheers:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Travesti

The Outlook is powered by the 3.6 L V6 DOHC 24-valve HFV6 engine with Variable Valve Timing, available with either single or dual exhaust. Both versions use the Hydra-Matic 6T75 six-speed automatic transmission, and are available with either front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Travesti

·
Registered
6 Posts
I too had the 35R wave plate go out on my 2007 Outlook. After many calls, GM is refusing to help me, citing my vehicles mileage (82K) and age (11 months out of the five year warranty). They are not even returning my calls at this point. I am disgusted with them. Last GM vehicle for me!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
11 months out of warranty is rather excessive to expect GM to assist. I did have GM help on an issue with my 07 Outlook, but I was only a month out of warranty.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts