Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Have you had the transmission repaired or replaced on your Outlook?

• No, transmission is fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, after less than 50K miles

• Yes, after 100K to 150K Miles

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Crash,

Drained at 39K...currently has approx. 45K. No tranny issues and I tow with a combined trailer/car weight of 4,700 lbs.

Jim
In God We Trust!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I placed a vote in the transmission poll. I am going to give some more information.
My transmission totally crapped out about 35,000 miles.They said that I had to wait for a new transmission. I was in line because this was a known problem. Got it back in about a month. Had it for about 2 weeks it went out again. Got it back in about 2 weeks. Called and emailed GM. What a waste of time. They should have taken this lemon off my hands. I will never buy a GM product again.

·
Registered
353 Posts
@SAF, do you happen to have the case number you had opened available? I would like to investigate things for you.

Michelle, GM Customer Service

·
Registered
34 Posts
While speaking with the Attorney Generals Office, I was told that perhaps the transmission issue faced or facing many Outlook, Acadia, Enclave, and Traverse owners may be of interest to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. That is the agency that decides if a safety issue warrants a recall from the manufacturer.
Help us all by looking up the following site and filing a safety complaint and tell your story. If enough of us register our tansmission problems, it may eventually lead to a recall of the transmission from GM:
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thank you for doing this. It would be interesting to see the break down of the model years of the owners responding to the poll. It appears that GM realized their mistake and corrected for the 2009 models for the installation in their other brands.

·
Registered
252 Posts
OutlookDriver said:
Thank you for doing this. It would be interesting to see the break down of the model years of the owners responding to the poll. It appears that GM realized their mistake and corrected for the 2009 models for the installation in their other brands.
You really think that this poll holds any statistical value? Nice to see the problems but inaccurate.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I responded to this poll although I have an Acadia; same transmission and mine is an 07

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had 3-5 wave plate replaced at 55k. GM covered 90% of fix because i was out of 5 yr warrenty. My suggestion is to call gm cust service if just out of warranty, they have a formula to cover based on how far out of warrenty. This was a 2007 Outlook by the way!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Transmission went out on our 2008 Outlook last Friday. The car wasn't shifting going uphill when trying to accelerate from about 60 MPH. We purchased the car new and it is just weeks out of 5 year warranty. We have also endured issues for heated washer fluid, front headlight wiring, stabilitrac light coming on for no reason, overheating while on vacation in another state, etc. Although most of these issues occurred while still under warranty the inconvenience of having to take the car in so often will definitely keep us from buying another GM product. We've previously owned 3 Honda cars and were completely satisfied. Was skeptical to buy American and now my fears have been validated.
So long GM.

·
Registered
5 Posts
mservas said:
Transmission went out on our 2008 Outlook last Friday. The car wasn't shifting going uphill when trying to accelerate from about 60 MPH. We purchased the car new and it is just weeks out of 5 year warranty. We have also endured issues for heated washer fluid, front headlight wiring, stabilitrac light coming on for no reason, overheating while on vacation in another state, etc. Although most of these issues occurred while still under warranty the inconvenience of having to take the car in so often will definitely keep us from buying another GM product. We've previously owned 3 Honda cars and were completely satisfied. Was skeptical to buy American and now my fears have been validated.
So long GM.
Hate to say it, but I may agree!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Our '09 XR only has had the update on the software that fixed the problem of it not knowing when to shift at certain speeds. No other tranny problems thus far at 65K+ miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
07 Outlook with 65,000 miles on it. Timing chains shot 2 months ago. Car was at the dealer for 4 days getting fixed. I got to see my whole engine sitting on a table while the tech explained to me what had happened and how it was fixed. CEL light back on yesterday in conjunction with car's inability to accelerate. This morning I started the car, but CEL was off. However, I am not driving it anywhere until the dealer looks at it because of the wave plate issue and the fact the whole engine got dropped recently. I really like this car, but all the engine/tranny stuff is very concerning. I have a 14 year old Ford explorer with 184,000 miles on it and the only major repairs I have had were the cv joints at 160,000 miles. Everything else has been brakes, tires, oil, wipers, etc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
08 Outlook XR 79K, Wave plate issue popped up. According to the transmission shop, very common on the Lambda vehicles... they are surprised there's no recall on it

·
Registered
252 Posts
platypusking said:
08 Outlook XR 79K, Wave plate issue popped up. According to the transmission shop, very common on the Lambda vehicles... they are surprised there's no recall on it
What's the build date of your Outlook (driver door sticker)? What's you in service date?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2008 Saturn Outlook with 58k just went into the shop today for a transmission failure. The wife took it in and I haven't talked to the dealership, but they told her they have to pull the tranny to repair / replace. Thankfully, it was still 1 month under warranty. I've got another Post that will I will update with how my experience goes. It is titled, "2008 Saturn Outlook - Transmission FAIL - joining the club..." posted today, 6/11/13.

Harold
Burlington, NC

·
Registered
2 Posts
2009 outlook xr awd with 39,000 miles just had transmission rebuilt. Now hesitates when shifting into 6th gear. Have had water pump replaced, new timing chains (stretched) and I've owned it for 7 months. Only have out 7,000 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts