Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2007 Saturn Outlook. In July 2012 the transmission broke. It had 87000 miles well under the 5yr/100,000 warranty. It was two months past the 5 yr requirement. We didnt take it to the dealer because of this. We had the transmission fixed at AAMCO. As a afterthought I filed a claim with GM because of the repair. I was called and told that since we didnt take it to a dealer they couldnt help us. If we took it to a dealer they could have seen what defect caused the problem. I said what difference did that make it still broke with not alot of miles on it. The customer service agent said that GM was not aware that this was a problem. I said just google Outlook and transmission and you can see all the problems. So in other words GM wont stand behind their product. I even offered to have them pay only half. They couldnt even meet me halfway. We recently bought a new car and sure wasnt a GM product. I asked the agent if there was an anybody else I could appeal this claim too. They said no. Does anybody here know where I can appeal my claim too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The cost of the transmission was $3700 for a 12 months and 12000 mile. They said the wave plate was broken amoung other things

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just got my "Black Beauty", back today :thumb: so happy she runs like a dream! Didn't wait for the customer copy of repair had to run, will pick it up tomorrow and flesh out the details then, for now its smooth sailing ahead!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2007 Outloook XE AWD transmission went out this past summer and I took it to the dealer because my carfax showed the inservice date as I had 4 days left in my 5yr/100k warranty. They called after looking at it and said it would be covered because it was so close and because of all the known problems with the transmission in the lambda family. I got lucky because dealer said it was covered under good faith from G.M. Although I have no more warranty on a new rebuild.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You were lucky to get the transmission fixed. I didnt get it fixed at GM and wanted to be refunded the money based on the known problem. Well you know GM doesnt stand behind their products. You were lucky to get a great dealer. Most of GM are money grubbers who dont care after they get your money when you buy a car. We recently bought a new car and you know **** well it wasnt a GM. I tell everyone I know about this crappy GM experience.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
When I had issues with my 07 Outlook after the warranty had ended the dealership I was using stepped in and handled the problem and GM paid for the repair work. GM didn't need to as I was out of warranty by nearly 2 months.

I did trade my Outlook in on a 11 Enclave at the dealership who handled the out of warranty work.

If a dealership believes that you will come back then they know they should step up to the plate. If they don't they can kiss your business and those you know "good-bye".

Do I recommend my dealership....you bet I do...every chance I get.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My '09 just went in this morning for the wave plate repair at 75k. Was shifting rough in 3/5 for quite a while, then last week, started stuttering in reverse, sounding like a jet engine while accelerating, and sounding like someone threw marbles in a metal can when shifting into reverse.

It had just been at the same dealer 2 weeks earlier for a brake switch replacement. At the time, I mentioned to the tech that "I hope that if the wave plate goes, that it is in the next 25k." His response: "Don't worry too much about it - GM is being *very flexible* about the warranty with this particular repair."

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called the dealer to inquire about the warranty and they didnt say anything about being flexable

·
Registered
252 Posts
frs929 said:
I called the dealer to inquire about the warranty and they didnt say anything about being flexable
Depends....GM will work with a dealer to fix/replace, but I have never read of them paying for another shop to fix because they aren't going to pay the jacked up labor rate.

You should have used the dealer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
medicrxdoc said:
Depends....GM will work with a dealer to fix/replace, but I have never read of them paying for another shop to fix because they aren't going to pay the jacked up labor rate.

Exactly. We bought our '09 with 47k from a private dealer. The steering rack and column needed to be replaced immediately (rack was old part number - known bad). Took it to GM dealer, and even 11k over the warranty and second owner, they paid for all parts and we covered labor. GM seems to be stepping up, at least some, to the known problems on the Lambdas.

I'll have the transmission fixed in the next couple of days, and now only the timing chain left (if it goes) but still have 45k and 6+ more years on that part under warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
medicrxdoc said:

They didnt offer to do anything except say I was out of warranty

1 - 13 of 13 Posts