Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2007 outlook xe last week. Transmission died in the parking lot of the dealership right after I signed the paperwork. Thankfully, the dealership made it right. They had to replace the entire transmission. Picking it up today. Hoping these problems are behind us now. Vehicle has 82,000 miles on it. After doing a lot of research on the transmission problems, it seems that this 80,000 miles is common for the transmission failure. Why did GM allow this to continue. Do they not realize if that transmission fails on a busy highway they are putting people in danger of vehicle accidents possibly costing someone their life. We have always been a Ford family. My 2006'Ford expedition is 130000 miles and is still going strong. I would never part with her due to reliability. I hope and pray that I can feel the same about this one and not having to get rid of it in a year due to it scrapping out. Sorry, had to vent!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Glad everything worked out. I bought an '08 Outlook XE with 111k miles on 09/07/13. No transmission problems yet, but after reading through a bunch of posts on this forum, I went back to the dealer and bought the extended warranty. I figure tacking on $900 to my loan is worth the peace of mind after reading about so many transmission problems. Hope everything else is running well in the car. Share pics if you haven't already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts