Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The latest TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results have been posted. These are for the year ending June 30, 2007. Late responses could lead to further changes, but these are unlikely to be large.

For the 2007 GMC Acadia and Saturn Outlook, I have an average of 2.8 months of data on 74 cars. The stat of 98 successful repair trips per 100 vehicles per year (0.98 per vehicles) is worse than average for a 2007 model.

This result is similar to last quarter, and based on far more data, so the Lambdas appear to have continuing reliability issues.

Examples of repairs reported:
Many A/C failures -- common problem area
Wipers stopped working during a heavy rainstorm, requiring a tow
Storage compartment lid mechanisms
Gas cap lanyard kept coming loose
Transmission leak
ECM replacement
Water leak
Driver seat track replaced because seat rocking

The results do not include recalls or reflashes. Including these would have substantially increased the reported repair rate for these vehicles.

I've been seeing lower repair rates for the Ford Edge and especially for the Acura MDX. The Audi Q7 and Mazda CX-7, on the other hand, have been experiencing higher repair rates.

It is possible that GM will sort these issues out, and repair rates will start to decline. Results will be updated in three months.

Everyone who has been helping out with this research, thanks, I literally couldn't have done it without you. Those who aren't yet helping out, I hope you'll consider doing so.

Other results:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey results

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well this doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy about my Outlook that should be in shortly....

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't get too worried. First off, most owners haven't reported a single problem yet. Second, yours wasn't among the first produced. GM probably noticed these problems and made running changes before yours was produced.

One reason I like being able to update quarterly is that if the repair rate improves, it won't be a whole year before this becomes known. Just three months. Many times--but not always--repair rates improve pretty quickly even during the first model year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts