Saturn Outlook Forum banner

Ugh. Gas Mileage Pains...

12K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  09XRFWDOWNER 
Thought I would post my current, most recent, experience on mpg with my 09 XR FWD. Took delivery on this bad boy on 7/28/09. She just turned over the first 1,000 miles. Just filled up today, logging 305 miles on this tank and pumped 16 gallons in her. Thats a solid 19 mpg. My best yet. Started out at just over 15 mpg from the first tank. This 4th tank had better than 200 miles running around town, stop and go, and the rest running with cruise and varying between a fixed 50-55 mph and as high as 65 mph. The air was used approximately half the time.

I am very pleased where shes at considering the size of this vehicle and with the kind of driving we put her through. Really feel the mid 20s are very reachable running at 65 mph but have not had a steady long trip to confirm this. I found that things like making sure your tires are at 35 psi all around and keeping that tach below 2,500 rs will help with decent mpg.

Although my Outlook was built in September, 08, I am not experiencing any trans issues (knock on wood). She is smooth as silk and doesnt hang up in any gears. I remember my salesman, Doug Gamble at Saturn of Lakeside coordinated with the service department on any outstanding TSBs that would applly to this Outlook.

I do need to pay particular attention to how she downshifts when you have to get around a car quickly (nailing her) on the interstate. Again, those times I do tip into the gas to get around slower traffic, she does drop to 5th or 4th smoothly and without hesitation accelerates forward.

Great car!

Just my 02.

Regards,

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.