Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Saturn dealership I purchased my outlook from provides a unlimited power train warranty at no cost. The catch is that we need to do all the regular maintenance at that dealership. Doesn't sound like a bad deal. I am wondering how many other dealerships have this offer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unlimited? Time or miles? Does it cover anything in addition to the GM 100k/ 60 month powertrain?

What is 'normal maintenance'? Do they have a list like oil change ever 3K miles (oil life monitor on '04 Envoy goes over 7500 before getting anywhere close to 0%), '$800' service every 15k miles that is mostly inspect this and that? If pack the list with a lot of 'unnecessary' items, then it may be less expensive to purchase a GMPP warranty on-line.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No limit on either mileage or time (as long as you own your car). They will continue to cover power train beyond GM's 100k/6o months, until you sell the car.

They say that are easy on the requirement on maintenance. For oil, they'll go by the oil life readout from DIC. I have the same question about the rest of the maintenance, tire rotations, brake inspections, etc. I can easily do those myself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ya if they expect you to bring it in for a 30k "tuneup" every 30k miles.... you're probably better off ignoring the warranty (cost of prevention, cost similar to paying for the new tranny/engine if it fails) haha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts