Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This oil sample was a bit old, finally sent it in. Then I forgot to post it, LOL. Oil change was from November last year, I guess I forgot to tell Blackstone the mile on the vehicle - 44,544, with 9,919 on this oil.

Anyway, no issues here, whatever some are seeing with high wear on their DI engines, I'm not. Based on these 2 reports, I'm going to stick with the OLM on mine. I may get another UOA later in it's life to confirm things are still good.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
exactly what oil was this?

Dexos? or just dealer oil?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whatever the dealer used when I got my 'free for Saturn owners' oil change last year.

·
Registered
754 Posts
hmmm.... who knows then

You should post it on bobistheoilguy.

Im sure some of those guys can tell if its Dexos or the normal dealer oil...

I would be curious to see what they say about the other parameters..

also--- the silicon--- did you check your air filter cover? May have pinched a hose for the wiper fluid...

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't yet, but I'm at 52K and I think the air filter change is called for at 50K so I'm due.

·
Registered
252 Posts
rbarrios said:
Im sure some of those guys can tell if its Dexos or the normal dealer oil...
GM dealers can use any bulk oil they want. That oil is NOT AC/Delco Dexos1 (this has boron and the UOA doesn't as well as to low of moly). It's also not a Valvoline product as no sodium. Many dealers use Mobil bulk oils, like the Mobil Clean 5000 (this isn't the oil either, same reasons as not the Dexos1).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts