Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the '07 can I rely on starting the outlook with the lockout key? Sometime it will start the engine and sometime it does everything but engage the starter. I didn't see anything in the book. I couldn't get a key made at Home Depot either. The man said it has a chip only available at the dealer for around $60-70. Oh Great! Any ideas? Thanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
porchdog :welcome:, please fill in your signature with year, options, etc so we know what you have and can direct you the best way possible. You have a lockout key? Did it come with your OUTLOOK? Just curious I've had 2 OUTLOOK's and have not gotton a lockout key, anyhow that will not start your car, the key that starts the car will have a computer chip in it like the guy you talked to said. If you want a spare key that will start your car you will have to go to the dealer. p.s. do you have remote door locks?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Where are the 2 keys and fobs that came with your Outlook? The emergency key was designed to get you into your car if you locked your keys in your car. If you have onstar, you wouldn't need the emergency key either.

·
Registered
80 Posts
porchdog said:
Yes, I got the key with the '07. It came in a plastic carrier for your wallet. I do have the remote locks, tailgate and start.
??? How in the heck did you get THAT.....I used to get those, but have not since my 1995 Sunfire. (or maybe it was my 1998 Grand Am) What did you do special to be fortunate enough to be the ONLY person who has one?

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
09Enclave said:
??? How in the heck did you get THAT.....I used to get those, but have not since my 1995 Sunfire. (or maybe it was my 1998 Grand Am) What did you do special to be fortunate enough to be the ONLY person who has one?
Saturn continued to give these on their cars. I received one on my 98 SW1. They gave me one for my Outlook but I lost it not long after getting it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
khansen30 said:
Saturn continued to give these on their cars. I received one on my 98 SW1. They gave me one for my Outlook but I lost it not long after getting it.
That kind of ticks me off, if Saturn was giving out the spare keys, ALL GM's should have.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Saturn, "A different kind of car company" was :sosad:

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
09Enclave said:
That kind of ticks me off, if Saturn was giving out the spare keys, ALL GM's should have.

We that have/had Outlooks got an extra key, you got a longer warranty, wanna trade? Didn't think so.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
khansen30 said:
We that have/had Outlooks got an extra key, you got a longer warranty, wanna trade? Didn't think so.
:ditto:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I guess it's really a moot point, with all the other features that keep you from locking the keys in the car, and then Onstar that will unlock the vehicle remotely, I guess we don't really need the key for the wallet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts