Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To start: I have never polished, waxed or clay bared my Outlook. I know I should be better about that but I have always done my best to properly wash my Outlook, so no serious damage has been done to my Outlooks paint. I went out and bought Mothers California Gold Clay ($20) It comes with two nice sized clay bars, "Quick Detailer"/Lube (For the clay) and a microfiber cloth. I also got Nu Once a year car polish (About $9). I started by very throughly cleaning the Inside and Outside of my Outlook, I washed the Exterior of the car with Turtle Wax "Wash and Wax" throughly dried and allowed the car's surface to cool to about 75 degrees ferinheight. I Started on the left side of the hood with the clay and worked my way around the entire car (Read instructions on box). Then I moved on to Applying the Nu Polish, It smells rather un pleasant (Pretty sure thats not what they where concerned about) but it sure gets the job done. Just like the Clay, I started on the left side of the hood and worked my way around. Once the Polish dries to a haze (which only takes 2 or 3 minutes) you need to wipe it off with a clean microfiber cloth.

Well, easier said then done! To remove the haze requires quite a bit of elbow grease, and even then there is this strange white powder-like residue left on the paint (I had to rinse the car off when I was all done) but it looks great now! The "Once a Year" claim is slightly misleading. You have to re-apply a coat 30 days after the original one for "Maximum Protection" but with the final results I suppose it's well worth it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Polishes have come a long way recently and there are far better products out there than the polish you used. Maintaining your vehicles appearance is not hard work, but it is work. I keep a fresh coat of wax on my vehicles at all times. I make it my nightly routine to wipe off my cars of any contamination.
I am glad that you are pleased with the outcome of your work. Too many people could care less about the appearance of their vehicle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mswerb said:
Polishes have come a long way recently and there are far better products out there than the polish you used. Maintaining your vehicles appearance is not hard work, but it is work. I keep a fresh coat of wax on my vehicles at all times. I make it my nightly routine to wipe off my cars of ant contamination.
I am glad that you are pleased with the outcome of your work. Too many people could care less about the appearance of their vehicle.
Thanks! It is certainly labor intensive, but it is certainly worth it. It was certainly less than optimal in the 90 degree weather with no breeze. I plan on applying the polish to the rims if my Outlook (as suggested on the packaging). I took my Outlook for a spin after the polish (More of an emergency run) and when I got back home I saw a black tar-like substance that I had just previously removed :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
I swear by Adams products, adamspolishes.ca for all my vehicles. Just make sure you by a gallon of the Quick detailer (smells good) because you use it for a lube when you clay bar and other things so you burn through it quick. I also use the buttery wax, no build up, easy to apply and you can do it directly in the sun without it baking on. Now I sound like a salesman lol. ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts