Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read a post on Car and Driver that next year there was going to be a V8 available? Anyone heard about this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've seen that on a couple of boards talking about the V8's - possibly available in 2009 models. I'm hesitant to trust in those rumors until I see something published from GM or a creditable news source.

·
Registered
21 Posts
copy and past from the enclave forum... all indications is they are sticking with v6 for now.

-------------------------------------------

Just being discussed on GMI, there's a link to the Canadian International Auto Show that lists the 2009 Chevrolet Traverse, and has brief details:

2009 Chevrolet Traverse
Based on GM’s popular midsize crossover architecture, the Traverse delivers a robust and satisfying combination of power, efficiency, ride and safety. The driving experience is supported by a sophisticated, 3.6L DOHC V6 that features variable valve timing and gasoline direct-injection technology. It is designed to provide excellent power and efficiency that translates to usable, power-on-demand performance and is expected to deliver the best highway fuel economy in the segment.

http://www.autoshow.ca/2008/
http://www.autoshow.ca/2008/downloads/SHOWBIZ-JAN08.pdf

Seemed like a possible flub, until then a senior member of GMI said this, after one person brought up that it would be awkward for the new cheapest Lambda to have this engine and not the others:

All of the 2009 Lambda vehicles will have DI on the 3.6L.

So, looks pretty sure. We shall see, among the other small model year changes that should be released in March/April sometime for the entire GM line-up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife and I are seriously considering trading our 02 Yukon for a new Outlook. I was going to order an 08 but maybe I should wait and see what the 09 is like. When can you order an 09?

·
Registered
59 Posts
There will not be a V8. It had been a likely move with the new OHC V8 GM had in development for use in a lot of Cadillacs, but the push for better mileage by CAFE, etc. killed the engine before it was ever used.

But as linked, the 2009 Lambdas are supposedly getting the higher output Direct Injection 3.6L, AS WELL AS revised interior components centering on the center stack which should be the "new" integrated variety, which means buttons and such of the head unit and HVAC are integrated right into the main dashboard and not separate units sitting in there, as now.

That's the expectation, at least, based on information that is known.

The last order date for 2008's is mid April, and then 2009 order banks should be open in May. Information as to what the 2009's will have should be out in March sometime, when GM releases the ordering guides.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm waiting for the '09. I had an XE as a loaner last week and managed 13 mpg in mixed driving. Hopefully the '09 will have better gas mileage with the 3.6L DI. That aside, I've heard the '09 will get a bit of a refresh.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts