Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still waiting for my car !! Ordered on 5/9/08, thot I'd have it by now.
I already have a new grill and wheels for it! Will post some pics when
I'm done. Sure happy I came across this site. CUL

·
Registered
4 Posts
18 days is not much time considering a special order. When we went to the dealer when looking to order our Acadia.. they told us the average wait was 6-8 weeks. But we ended up finding an Acadia locally that is almost exactly how we would have ordered it minus one option... I wanted the 110v outlet.. but I can always add an inverter.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Talk to your dealer and get an order status code. Then search the forum for the meaning and order of the codes. That will give a better idea as to when to expect delivery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
6-8 weeks is what our person told us as well. That was 10 weeks ago - there was a strike at the plant, right? That's gonna take some time - 4 weeks - out of the schedule.

We're still waiting, mostly because the Outlook will get less gas mileage than our 1995 Camry that we're trading in, so it's OK.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was facing the same dilema when shopping for my Outlook. Endend up with fully loaded model which was available on the lot. There were couple of extras I wasn't particularly interested in (like the towing package, the rear seat dvd or the expensive paint option), but I chose to go with that one instead of waiting for an ordered one (which on practice had to be 2009 as dealer told me at the time 2008's can't be ordered anymore (2 weeks ago from now). I was facing the choice of waiting for my car until end of August/begining of September, unsure about pricing (2009 model), or getting this one off the lot and driving away, and more importantly - have the car for the summer - with the new oncoming family member (who BTW was born yesterday :)) this was quite important!
I know what waiting for a car means (personal experience from my diesel Passat back in 2004) - I feel your pain. Hopefully wait won't be much longer!

cheers :cheers:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
k9ike said:
Still waiting for my car !! Ordered on 5/9/08, thot I'd have it by now.
I already have a new grill and wheels for it! Will post some pics when
I'm done. Sure happy I came across this site. CUL

Update: I actually ordered the car on 4/9/08. anyway, just did the paperwork, the car will be here in a few days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts