Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So have GM dealerships been informed that they can do warranty service on Saturn vehicles? Seems not all are and only certain dealers in a given area are supporting warranty service. What gives?

Also heard that there's supposed to be some sort of letter going out to Saturn owners. Have yet to see mine. Anyone received one of these yet advising on your future warranty/service needs?

Regards,
/BTV

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Went out last January. I took my letter to one dealer after he said he had never heard of it. Turns out they had, just didn't want to do the work because they thought they would not get paid. Which is probably the problem where you are.

And before you ask, no I don't have the letter anymore. But you should be able to call Saturn customer service and get one sent to you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will give them a call tomorrow to find out what the deal is with the letter or at least give me the names of dealers in my area that will do warranty parts/service. We picked up our Outlook in the summer of 2009. So the distribution of letters to Saturn owners may have been fully baked by then.

Thanks.
/BTV

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got a letter some time ago regarding Saturn brand being discontinued and dealerships closed out by year end. The letter was assuring me that after this happens (dealerships close) I will be able to get my Saturn into any GM dealer for maintenance and warranty work.
The "good news" for me is the dealer which I bought the car who was 'excluded' from Saturn warranty program, now can do warranty work once again on Saturns. They won't close as they are not pure "Saturn" dealer, so that's sort of nice. My factory warranty is close to end (due to mileage), after which the extended warranty I purchased back then will kick in. Dealer said extended warranty has nothing to do with GM/Saturn, and I don't have anything to worry about it. It was only the factory warranty that wouldn't be honoured there back when they were 'excluded'. We'll see I guess. Too bad I have the feeling I will need the warranty....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After having been bounced from one GM dealer that didn't want to order a part for my Saturn Outlook under warranty. After mentioning the fact that they service a Pontiac of mine, I challenged them to take ownership of the problem and report back to me the local responsible dealer for handling Saturn warranty parts/service. Surely they must know who is handling it! I asked for them to discuss with the service manager or business manager, even to contact GM Canada if they didn't know <but they really did the entire time>. My understanding is that *any* GM dealer is able (and supposed to) handle Saturn warranty as it's GM product. Full stop. It's even stated in the warranty for goodness sakes!

However - in reality we're running into dealerships/owners who don't want to take on that business segment. Who knows, maybe their staff isn't trained or equipped so well to handle *all* Saturn models, but as far as an Outlook goes... that's pretty much a piece of cake for Acadia/Traverse/Enclave service techs. I don't get it why they wouldn't want to (a) pickup warranty service work and win that business, and (b) win a prospective customers future business (i.e. future vehicle sales). That all spells more business == $$$$. But in the end, they own the business and it's their decision.

Net sum, I have found a local dealer who is taking on Saturn parts/service, warranty or not. They too are not closing as they have a 'sister' dealership that is staying on with GM. So I'm looking forward to 'Saturn service' once again. :cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts