Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those into detailing their Outlooks, I am posting a few pics here after I spent about three hours on it. For those not familiar, I use Zaino products which are simply the best. Period.

For those who want the wash details, I use the two bucket method, whereby I only rinse in a clean water bucket prior to dipping into the soapy water keeping the dirt and grit out of the soap bucket. I also use several microfiber towels and polishing cloths, never mixing the ones for the wheels and underbody with the ones on the clearcoat.

This was what I did:

1. wash car & wheels
2. Apply wheel wax
2. clay bar car to remove all impurities from clearcoat and strip all wax
3. Apply Zaino All in one base (AIO)
4. Apply Zaino Z2 wax for clearcoats
5. Apply Z8 show car detailer finish
6. Use aerospace 303 protectorate for all black plastic.
7. Apply non petroleum based tire cleaner

The car looked better than when I picked it up from the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ok, so it is beautiful. It takes 3 hours? How often do you do it? Is this every time or do you have a shorter "every saturday" method?

Just wondering....

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The initial "strip down" and waxing is a base. Now I can simply do a hand wash and it should be good for up to six months without full rewaxing. Also they sell the spray detailers (I use Zaino Z8) that can be used to spot shine and I also use a california car duster which is simple to use.

·
Registered
34 Posts
One other question for JF7FSU.

When will you be in Southern California so I can get you to help me make my Outlook so good!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Laff, it's really not that hard. go to http://www.zainostore.com/ and read the FAQ and application tips and tricks. These guys know how to wax a car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
JF7FSU said:
For those into detailing their Outlooks, I am posting a few pics here after I spent about three hours on it. For those not familiar, I use Zaino products which are simply the best. Period.

For those who want the wash details, I use the two bucket method, whereby I only rinse in a clean water bucket prior to dipping into the soapy water keeping the dirt and grit out of the soap bucket. I also use several microfiber towels and polishing cloths, never mixing the ones for the wheels and underbody with the ones on the clearcoat.

This was what I did:

1. wash car & wheels
2. Apply wheel wax
2. clay bar car to remove all impurities from clearcoat and strip all wax
3. Apply Zaino All in one base (AIO)
4. Apply Zaino Z2 wax for clearcoats
5. Apply Z8 show car detailer finish
6. Use aerospace 303 protectorate for all black plastic.
7. Apply non petroleum based tire cleaner

The car looked better than when I picked it up from the dealer.
WOW looks great, but 3 hours to do all that, you must be Superman

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Looks fantastic!!

I absolutely swear by Zaino. I've been using it ever since I bought my black G35 in 2005. When doing the dual wash and claybar, that does add quite a bit of time, but that's a 'once a year' type event. Most of the time, you can simply wash, then do the wax steps. I had this down to about an hour and a half... until I bought a porter cable polisher. Now I can wash in 30 minutes and polish in 15 - with better results and WAY less effort!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does that portable polisher work? I've always done it by hand.

PS- How long am I a "newbie" for?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts