Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rained this weekend with the car outside in the driveway. When we got in the car and barely started moving I felt a water drop hit the top of my foot. I had my left foot over on the resting block on the left side of the floor board. Anyhow, after another 2 – 3 minutes I felt another drip. After about 5 drips it stopped…granted it wasn’t raining any longer either.

When I asked my wife about it, she said, “oh yea... that happens after it rains.”

Anyone else have a drip in this location?

Thanks for any information,
-Matt

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Oh yes, mine is in the shop now for that very reason, I'll pick it up this afternoon and find out what they did to fix it. This will be the 2nd time in on the issue of water leaking on the floor. I'll keep it posted what I find out.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Do you have sunroofs and/or luggage racks? If you do look at the post below. Many many discussions on this issue.

Sunroof tubes not installed correctly (too short and don't stay connected on both sides), leaking from the bolt holes on the luggage racks (just need to be sealed), and drain tubes clogging up due to junk getting in the lines (don't leave the sunroof open to vent the vehicle as stuff falls in and cloggs the lines). All can be fixed easily.

http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/index.php?topic=390.msg2281#msg2281

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
6Sixathome said:
Oh yes, mine is in the shop now for that very reason, I'll pick it up this afternoon and find out what they did to fix it. This will be the 2nd time in on the issue of water leaking on the floor. I'll keep it posted what I find out.
The drain lines were too short and leaking from the sunroof. The tech added extenders to the lines. They also thought my sunroof deflector had something to do w/ the leaking of water. I can see where water might build up and drip down the brackets that hold the deflector on. The tech had to R&R the headliner to do the work, it was put back together neatly as it should be. I hope this does the trick!!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
khansen30 - was yours leaking on your left foot (running down the A pillar to a spot just above your foot)? Or was it leaking from somewhere else?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ours leaked from both A pillers on to driver and passengers feet ,the dome light behind the rear sunroof. the parkassist lights, and both third row seatbelt openings. Water will pool above the headliner until you drive and then it will run all around the top of the linner and and drain where it can. Had to bring it in three times to get it fixed. Had the drain tubes not connected and had to have the rear sunroof removed from the car so a glass tech could reseal the sunroof assembley. It took them 2 weeks to fix it the last time.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
czar97 said:
khansen30 - was yours leaking on your left foot (running down the A pillar to a spot just above your foot)? Or was it leaking from somewhere else?
1st driver side seatbelt, liner A pillar (down to floor and into electronics[caused the emergency brake light to come on]) due to driverside sunroof tube too short.
2nd, same thing but due to the luggage rack bolts not being sealed.
3rd, same as first but on passenger side.

It has happened 2 other times since, but due to the drain tubes being blocked with leaves (my fault for leaving the sunroof open).

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm going to be SICK, it's leaking again in a different spot worse than the other two times combined. I've had fans going in the OUTLOOK all day to dry out the headliner, it's drying slowly but surely. It's going back Monday. This was my first new vehicle and not supposed to be like this. This will be the fifth time in the shop in three months for different things, the third time for water leaks. I'm beginning to think my OUTLOOK was either built on a Friday afternoon or first thing Monday morning. I'm not even going to say what my wife is thinking, it's not good!

·
Registered
25 Posts
6Sixathome, Are you driving an 07 or 08 Outlook?

Since this was an obvious problem in the 07's, and supposedly an easy fix, you'd think GM would have corrected things at the factory for 08's and beyond.

Sunroof technology isn't that difficult. You should be able to leave it open whenever you want and close it with NO leaks. My current vehicle has provided just such service for now 160k miles. Never a problem, never a leak for a sunroof that is at least twice the size of the one on the Outlook.

·
Registered
20 Posts
rcdice said:
6Sixathome, Are you driving an 07 or 08 Outlook?

Since this was an obvious problem in the 07's, and supposedly an easy fix, you'd think GM would have corrected things at the factory for 08's and beyond.

Sunroof technology isn't that difficult. You should be able to leave it open whenever you want and close it with NO leaks. My current vehicle has provided just such service for now 160k miles. Never a problem, never a leak for a sunroof that is at least twice the size of the one on the Outlook.
I agree, there is no reason that this should be an ongoing problem. I have an 02 Yukon with a sunroof that never has had any leaks. So lets call out GM on this. The reason that this is an ongoing problem is:
a) the person that designed the sunroof package doesn't know what he or she is doing and should go back to school
b) the person that installs the sunroof and drain lines doesn't know what he or she is doing and needs more training
c) the person that installs the sunroof and drain lines doesn't care if it is installed correctly
d) the line manager has heard of the problem but only cares about getting a large number of vehicles built and doesn't care if your vehicle leaks
e) the company doesn't care to fix the problem because they figure it will be the customer's problem that they can get the dealer to "fix" (at least four or five times)

It's obvious that either a top management person has not been made aware of the number of Outlook buyers that have had this problem, or they really don't care! Its hard to believe they would be too stupid not to know how to SOLVE IT! This is ridiculous! And I am planning to buy either an 09 Outlook or Traverse with a sunroof! :angryfire:

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
It is an 07' XR. You guys are right GM has been doing sunroofs and T-TOPS for ever and I dont see why the crossover sunroofs are such crap, I mean leak wise and why do some people w/ dual skyscape's have no problems at all? I'll get it back tomarrow and hope for the best. It's wierd I had no problems for a year and all of a sudden the hoses are shrinking and connections are lose ??? Why not use a proven material for the hoses? I dont know---we'll see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
scarpi said:
It's obvious that either a top management person has not been made aware of the number of Outlook buyers that have had this problem, or they really don't care! Its hard to believe they would be too stupid not to know how to SOLVE IT! This is ridiculous! And I am planning to buy either an 09 Outlook or Traverse with a sunroof! :angryfire:
And don't forget the there are 6x's as many 07 and 08 Acadia's and 08 Enclaves that have the same problem !!!! :eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mine was in last week for the same reason - 08 XR. Got it back yesterday, paperwork says "drain lines replacement as per TSB" did the garden hose test for like 15 minutes (sprinkling water on the top of the vehicle). Did not show signs of leak as before it was in for replair. I kept it in the garage yesterday (it rained yesterday, there was a downpour outside at one moment) as I wanted to give the carpet inside a chance to dry (as it is/was soaking wet). Next time it rains I will leave it outside to see if they have fixed it. So far pretty unpleasant experience from the repair, but that's another story :sosad:.. I hope at least now it is water tight

1 - 13 of 13 Posts