Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
We got our "official" letter today, so I contacted the dealership to see if they needed it as well ( I submitted paperwork with them BEFORE getting the letter in the mail) The Service manager says it has been submitted and need to reviewed by a human. Hope to hear back from him soon. Things are moving in the right direction.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm super hopeful of getting mine processed quickly. Since having my transmission fixed in September 2012 I haven't had any issues. I gathered all my paperwork today. In the morning I'm headed back to the dealership to have my forms submitted. I'm at 190,191 miles now. It still purrs like the day I got it in 2007, fresh off the lot. I just wish Saturn was still around.

·
Registered
203 Posts
OK I knew it was premature to celebrate.
The dealer called this morning to say they are stopping payment on the check. The reason is that I was over the mileage on the coverage. Now it will cost me $25.00 for a stop payment. :banghead:

·
Registered
107 Posts
electbc said:
OK I knew it was premature to celebrate.
The dealer called this morning to say they are stopping payment on the check. The reason is that I was over the mileage on the coverage. Now it will cost me $25.00 for a stop payment. :banghead:
Why are YOU stopping payment on a check??

·
Registered
203 Posts
The dealer can process the paperwork as long as he has the correct campaign number. 14404A there even may be a 14404B as an updated campaign. Your VIN with all the paperwork, invoice, mileage at time of repair, and cancelled check or credit card receipt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm concerned I won't be getting any money back for my Outlook wave plate repair.

Our Outlook wave plate went out in September, 2013 @ 76k miles. I paid a $1000 "deductible" after fighting tooth and nail to get GM to pay for the repair. I think the total cost was $3k or so before the $1k I paid.

I went to the Warranty Tracker at the GM site and it doesn't list the 14404 Special Coverage Adjustment for my VIN. I will still go to the dealer with my paper work and see what they do but I have a feeling they are going to deny me because my VIN isn't being covered.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just as I expected. GM customer service is telling me my VIN is not covered under the 14404a extended warranty. WOW!

Ya, that wave plate that failed on my car was from a different lot that was good. Right? LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Turned in the paperwork 0n April 7th and got my check today for the full amount I spent getting it fixed. :cheers:

'07 Outlook XE with 84658 miles at failure

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an '07 XR AWD and it just started experiencing transmission issues. Example: while driving in a parking lot with gear selector in 'D' and in 2nd gear, the transmission will downshift to 1st and stay stuck there no matter how much throttle is applied. The check light comes on. In order to get the transmission to shift properly, I have to shift to park, shut off the engine for 1 minute and then restart. After restarting, transmission shifts fine but the check light remains on. The check light will usually go out after several hours of the car being off. This has happened several times now. To prevent this from happening on the road, I drop the gear selector to 'L' and toggle the gear selector to '6' manually.

I found the #14404A Special Coverage Adjustment that extends the transmission warranty to 120k miles. As luck would have it, mine started acting up at 122k. Do I have any hope that GM will assist me?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Picked up my 07 Outlook XR from Mitch Smith Chevrolet in Cullum, Alabama 2 weeks ago today. It had been there for a month as it had broken down on my way to Florida for vacation. To make a very long story short, the owners of the dealership in my home town that repaired the tranny under the Special Coverage decided to buy and have installed for me a new remanufactured GM transmission with a 3 year/100,000 mile warranty. Everything seems to be peachy now but I am still waiting to see if all my expenses for the rental and cab fare on vacation are going to be reimbursed or not.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sirbevo said:
Just as I expected. GM customer service is telling me my VIN is not covered under the 14404a extended warranty. WOW!

Ya, that wave plate that failed on my car was from a different lot that was good. Right? LOL
Hey Sirbevo,

I noticed you had the same issue I am encountering now. My 2008 Outlook had the wave plate fixed out of pocket after it failed at 69k miles in 2013 months after the 5 year power-train warranty ended. I noticed this campaign and contacted my dealer, only to be told the special coverage was not applied to my VIN. I cannot believe our VIN's were not included when clearly the issue was present in our vehicles, someone really messed up the VIN selection process. I don't understand how they know there is an issue with the wave plate on our make and model yet they will not honor our repair but will honor other repairs.

Were you able to make any headway on getting reimbursed? If you were I would appreciate any tips. I received a major run-around with GM customer care.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts