Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the Weathertech mats. If so could you please post a couple of pics.

Thanks!

2007 XR
Midnight blue
gry leather captain chairs

·
Registered
16 Posts
Someone over on the Acadia forum had posted some pictures. The front row looks like it fits real well. I'm not so sure if I like the second row mats though. I also would like to find out if they are more of a hard plastic like the Husky Liners, or if they are a softer rubber/plastic that will form a little bit more.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I purchased some weathertech mats for my Outlook XR fwd. They arrived about a week after I ordered them (couple of days ago). I really like the front two (driver and passenger). They are a perfect fit. I also like the two piece cargo area mats. It has a nice overlapping lip so that when you use both, there is no chance of any liquid spilling between the two. It is a two piece system because you can use one just for the cargo area when all 3 rows of seats are up....the 2nd piece is used when the 3rd row is folded down and you have a nice large protected area......If I could do it over I would not waste my money on the 2nd row mat. In an effort to avoid the sliding chairs, It is not properly sized to cover the entire area so basically the half of the floor closet to the back seats are not covered. The texture it is pliable and forms nicely to the car.....for example, they arrived rolled up in a tubular box. I unrolled them and left them laying in the driveway (in the sun) for about 20 minutes and when I came back out they were perfectly flat....
click on pics to see close up view.
Key1

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey key1cc,

I have the two front matts, which are great, but would definitely like to see a pics of the rear cargo matts. Please let me know when you are able to post....

Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks!! These pictures help a lot. Does the rear cargo mat lay flat? It looks like the right side is sticking up a little. Is that just from the seat underneath? Also, have you tried folding/rolling the larger piece and sticking it behind the third row to see if it would fit? I was just wondering if you had it in and needed to put the third row up how it would fit behind the seats.

Thanks again for the photos.

NG

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes, thanks for the "revealing" photos! ;D

I was wondering how they would look. With winter coming up I plan on ordering a set now.

Nice ride. Looks like Garnet?

Regards,

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks!!!! Those are great pictures. Now if they only had the mats for the captain chairs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Though I'm a fan of most of the Weathertech mats, and we have them in our Suburban, as shown, the 2nd row ones aren't great.

A better choice, at least for all the rear seating positions, seem to be these from AutoUpgrade (cover EVERYTHING, second floor, in between the middle captains, the full 3rd row floor, and the front as well):

http://www.acadiaforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1795.20

·
Registered
69 Posts
The cargo mats do lay flat. It was sticking up a bit because I had a mountain bike back there and I must have shifted the mat when I took the bike out.

You are correct, the color is called Garnet.

The small cargo mat fits prefectly when all 3 rows are up but there is no where conveniently to store the large mat (which lays on top of the folded 3rd row seats.) For me, I leave the 3rd row folded flat all the time and both mats in place, because I never have more than 2-4 people in the car anyway (so far).
Key1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks. I think I may go with the first row and cargo area mats and then try and figure out what to do about the second row later. I have the second row bench, but it still doesn't look like the Weathertech mats cover much in the second row. I really want to cover as much as possible. On the other hand, my kids are messy and winter is coming. I suppose covering part of the second row is better than covering nothing at all.

I really need to find something that will hold snow, slush and water. My kids love to ski and since we live only 3 miles from a ski area, they will often ask to leave there boots on until we get home if it is late at night and they are tired. Without rubber/plastic mats the carpet would be destroyed in no time.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Those Weathertech mats look great! I purchased the black rubber OUTLOOK mats for my 07 XR. The cargo Weathertech mat looks like it snaps together which would be awsome because I had to cut mine with a utility knife to get it to lay flat and fit correct. I used the other two pieces of it to cover the floor between the 2nd row captins chairs, kids are tough on carpet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I love my WeatherTech mats. I have the front row mats and cargo area mats. I got the tan to match my tan interior. They fit well, keep the dirt contained and are easy to clean.
I got a cargo mat for my wife's Vue after seeing how nice it fit in the Outlook.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts