Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife drives our 2008 outlook xe with 143,000 miles on it. She has called me a few times saying service stabilitrack, traction control off were displayed and a flashing engine light. 1 time the car went into limp mode along with the other messages. Each time it has happened she makes it to work and when she leaves at night the outlook is completely normal again . It does this every few months and corrects itself. This time i decided to see if any codes were stored or pending and this is what i got p0300-00; c0899-00; and c0561-71. Anyone have this issue? What should i start looking at? Id appreciate any help!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had similar problems, on different occasions. Check speed sensor connections for corrosion(I replaced right front female socket). Use CRC electronic spray clean, dries quickly. Use CRC Di-Electric Lube to seal connections. Subsequently on other occasions I replaced bearing hubs(sensor strips corroded). The stability control reads the speed from these sensors. There’s a manager memo on these wheel hubs that are used on various GM vehicles.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The outlook has new hub assemblys all the way around replaced about a year ago and the problem started before replacing and continued after replacing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had similar problems, on different occasions. Check speed sensor connections for corrosion(I replaced right front female socket). Use CRC electronic spray clean, dries quickly. Use CRC Di-Electric Lube to seal connections. Subsequently on other occasions I replaced bearing hubs(sensor strips corroded). The stability control reads the speed from these sensors. There’s a manager memo on these wheel hubs that are used on various GM vehicles.
Front abs sensors were replaced along with all the hubs

·
Registered
2 Posts
The outlook has new hub assemblys all the way around replaced about a year ago and the problem started before replacing and continued after replacing
Check connections, they are exposed to all weather conditions. I just replaced the left rear sensor which was causing similar problems. Have owned this car since 2014. Bought from original owner with 59,000. Car now has 131,000 miles. Initially the battery connections were causing the problems. Dealer wanted to replace the entire battery cable at cost of $400.00.
I cut, crimped new terminal connections and used shrink wrap to insulate ends. No problems for last few years.
There’s no shortcut, disconnect all speed sensor connections, check for corrosion, clean and seal. These connections are exposed in the undercarriage.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Several sensors can cause these annoying messages.
Wheel sensors
Steering wheel position sensor
Yaw sensor
Brake pedal position sensor (can have the symptom of the brake light being on with no foot on the pedal).
Mass air flow sensor
Brake fluid level
Throttle body sticking, frozen, dirty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts