Saturn Outlook Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
2007 AWD XE..remote start ...trailer pkg....8 seater....28 k out the door in Michigan with GM discount.. just went 6000 miles 21 mpg...no problems...

·
Registered
20 Posts
It seems to me that GM's "best price" "no haggle" deal is no deal at all. I went on line at a local Saturn dealer where he listed his "best price" and it was only $500 lower than sticker on all his Outlooks. That only is the latest GM price incentive. In the past, when buying any vehicle I usually get 2k to 4k off sticker without any trade in. What gives with this "no haggle" deal?

·
Registered
23 Posts
2008 XR FWD Red Jewel with cashmere leather interior and 8 passenger seating config. and the following options:

Advanced Audio Pkg
Enhanced Convenience Pkg
Premium Plus seating
Touring Pkg
HID headlamps

Total vehicle price= $45,135 CDN
Less supplier discount= $1,548 CDN
Total selling price= $43, 587 CDN
:cheers: :blob: :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
::)The outlooks have some really good incetives on them right now, at least until the end of the month...Plus, there is a gm owner loyalty discount or, if you don't, there is conquest cash.
It's a great time to look at an OUTlook if you haven't already....
www.saturnstpaul.com

·
Registered
20 Posts
2008 XR FWD - Garnet/Ebony[/color] $39,215 CND

MSRP $41,775
-$1,520[/color] - Negotiated
-$1,040[/color] - Wish & Win

Options:
Premium Trim Package - Heated Leather Seats
7 Passenger Seating - 2nd Row Captains Chairs
Cold Weather Package - Remote Start, Heated Windshield Washer Fluid
Trailering Package

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
f3qu3t said:
2008 XR FWD - Garnet/Ebony[/color] $39,215 CND

MSRP $41,775
-$1,520[/color] - Negotiated
-$1,040[/color] - Wish & Win

Options:
Premium Trim Package - Heated Leather Seats
7 Passenger Seating - 2nd Row Captains Chairs
Cold Weather Package - Remote Start, Heated Windshield Washer Fluid
Trailering Package
What is Wish & Win?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wish & Win is a promotion GM Canada has from November until January 10. You could win anything from a minimum of $1,000 - $10,000 off your purchase/lease.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,
I posted this in other Saturn Outlook forums and just wanted to share my buying information with you.

At the end of December of 2007, I drove down, from San Francisco to LA, to purchase my new 2008 Outlook XR

2008 Saturn Outlook XR FWD
Silver exterior with Ebony interior
8-passenger / cloth seats.

Options:
Trailering pkg
Navigation with ‘backup camera’
Convenience Pkg (Remote start and
Power lift gate)

Price:……………........MSRP…...Invoice
………………….......….30,190…..28,530
Opt Equip
UZR TouchScreen….2,340…..2,176
Navigation

PCU (with UZR) …..…685……..637

PDC Conv Pkg……...…870.…….809

V92 Trailering Pkg…..425…..…395

Destination Charge...735…..…735

Total with Options...35,245…33,282

I offered 33,200 before the $500 Discount. 8)

Price paid: $32,700.00 before taxes.

They wanted to add $695 for ‘paint protection’, $195 for ‘pin stripes’ and $350 for “marketing fee’. :banghead: I said no to all these. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
1 Posts
a little under $35k total drive away, in Seattle, XE AWD with preferred and comfort packages, sunroofs, leather steering wheel and trim, trailer package, xm satellite radio, pin stripe and spray shield accessories

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a used 2007 Outlook XR FWD from Saturn of Avondale with 7100 miles. It is the base XR with no options. I got it for $25,999 + tax + tags + doc fee for a total of $28,940 out the door price. This is my first Saturn and I really enjoyed the customer orientation and the no haggle policy. They replaced a missing seatbelt clip, did a fresh oil change, detailed the car, and gave me a full tank of gas. I've had it for a week now and am thrilled with the purchase!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Has anyone had any success (or even tried) negotiating dealer holdback on an pre-ordered Outlook? Edmunds.com has a full explanation of this if you are not familiar with it.

I would think that if dealers always sell at full sticker, minus any GM incentives, that holdback should be negotiable on a factory ordered vehicle. After all, the dealer will have none of the expenses that these $$ are normally used to pay for. At least not on that particular vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just took delivery of an 08 Outlook XR AWD a few weeks ago. We leased 3/39 15k per year. Final cost after options was $40k basically. Interest rate was 6.25, Residual .61, got $500 cash (GM Loyalty and Supplier Pricing). Ended up around $38k, total payment with no money down was $599.

Ordered as follows:

Ocean Mist/Black Leather

Convenience

Advanced Audio

Enhanced Convenience

Touring Package

Sunroof

HID Headlamps

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like a nice ride Yogi95.

How different do the HID headlights look from the normal ones? Did you compare them side by side? I'm looking to order one soon and was wondering. BTW, congratulations on your new vehicle. :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The HID lamps are great. I was not able to compare them between an Outlook with standard lamps. However, I have an ESV that has the Intellibeam Lights and they make such a huge difference at night. My wife had gotten rid of an STS for this car and she had HID on that car as well. I would highly recommend, given the cost of the option.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thoughts on this offer?

I have found a dark blue/black cloth FWD XE at a dealer. It has the advanced audio package, sunroof package, rear DVD, and towing prep. The sticker is $32,775.The dealer has add-ons (that we don't want), so the add-on sticker is about $34,000. The dealer called after we had stopped in and said they would sell it for around $33K.

From browsing this thread, most of the units are better equipped XRs. I'd like thoughts on this initial offer price and to find out if there are any new/existing incentives on the new '08 models before I start negotiating. We can take or leave the sunroof and rear DVD, but the other stuff (plus remote start, I'm still learning about adding this for after the fact installs) is pretty much a must-have.

Here is the dealer sticker data from their website:
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $32,775.00
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $28,625.00
Options installed by Manufacturer
ADVANCED AUDIO PACKAGE:
AUDIO CONTROLS, REAR SEAT
W/ HEADPHONE JACKS
AUDIO SYSTEM, PREMIUM SOUND
AUTO DUAL ZONE AIR
CONDITIONING
115 VOLT POWER OUTLET

POWER SUNROOF WITH 2ND ROW
SKYLIGHT

ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD,
2 HEADPHONES

TRAILERING PACKAGE:
COOLING SYSTEM - HEAVY DUTY
TRAILER HITCH - FACTORY
INSTALLED

TOTAL OPTIONS $3,415.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $32,040.00
DESTINATION CHARGE $735.00
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $32,775.00
CURRENT OFFERS $-0.00
NET PRICE $32,775.00

I normally use Edmunds for vehicle pricing, but they show people are paying MSRP on the '08 XE for everything (I think my web built XE was about $33,505). I'd think there has to be some type of incentive to clear out the existing '08 models. If I don't get this, I'm looking at an '09 Traverse, probably a 1LT, or a used 07-08 XE/Acadia. What I'd really like to get is an Acadia SLT-2 with the HUD & cooled seats, but the price looks to be more than I can afford!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The blue one above failed due to not having the preferred equipment group (power seat and steering wheel audio controls). Seems odd to order a DVD player and a sunroof and not have a power seat.

Here is my next potential deal:
New in stock Red/Black cloth 2008 Outlook XE
MANUFACTURER'S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE $32,560.00
STANDARD VEHICLE PRICE $28,625.00
Options installed by Manufacturer
RED JEWEL TINTCOAT

ADVANCED AUDIO PACKAGE:
AUDIO CONTROLS, REAR SEAT W/ HEADPHONE JACKS
AUDIO SYSTEM, PREMIUM SOUND
AUTO DUAL ZONE AIR CONDITIONING
115 VOLT POWER OUTLET

PREFERRED PACKAGE:
PWR SEAT ADJUST-DRIVER, 6-WAY
ROOF RAILS
LEATHER WRAPPED STEERING WHEEL WITH AUDIO CONTROLS

ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM - DVD,
2 HEADPHONES

TRAILERING PACKAGE:
COOLING SYSTEM - HEAVY DUTY
TRAILER HITCH - FACTORY INSTALLED

TOTAL OPTIONS $3,200.00
TOTAL VEHICLE & OPTIONS $31,825.00
DESTINATION CHARGE $735.00
TOTAL VEHICLE PRICE*** $32,560.00
SUPPLIER PRICE $ 31,363.52
CURRENT OFFERS $-1,250.00
NET PRICE $30,113.52

On the pro side, the DVD package means I don't have to add on the headrest DVD system I was considering. The con to this is the screen partially blocking the rear view mirror. Also, with the advanced audio, I can buy a new Nav radio for $800 and install this myself for a net savings of around $1500 plus what ever I can get for the new/old radio. I also plan to add a rear camera and use the lockpick device described in other threads here & on the Acadia forum.

This one had everything we wanted except the convenience package (mainly remote start). I spoke to the Internet Manager and he checked with his parts/service people. He called back when he said he would (a huge plus in my book :thumb:) and said this could be added with 100% (i.e. AC and heat auto start) OEM functionality. He confirmed they accept the GM Supplier pricing, and also the $1,750 incentives in addition to this price (there is an extra $500 over the shown $1,250 since we will be trading a 1999+ non-GM vehicle).

The deciding factor will be the value of our trade in, which won't be finalized until we pay the dealer a visit.

I'm thinking this is a fairly decent deal. I spoke to some friends that bought a 2008 XE earlier this year (February). It had the sunroof but no DVD and no convenience package, but the dealer added running boards for several hundred dollars (I found a new set not too far away for $190). They told me they got like $500 off the sticker. They traded a 10 year old Cadillac (they were given $4,000 which is $100 over Edmunds trade in) and paid $30,500 out the door with taxes and fees.

I'm hesitant to wait for the 2009 since although they have some improved features, they also have an improved (for GM :)) price. I've looked into the Acadia and Traverse, but they each will end up costing several thousand more since the options I want are not available on the base model like they are on the Outlook XE. On top of this, I then have to add the same options. Saturn still looks to be the best bang for the buck.

Any expert opinions on this???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dealer add-ons coupled with $1,700 less ($3,800) than Edmunds wholesale for our trade killed the deal. He had the Kelly Blue Book printouts and showed how our truck was "fair" value. I explained the "fair" was a condition not a market indicator, that Kelly used unreliable data, and I had priced this type of vehicle on dealer lots and they were asking not less than $8,000 on average. He admitted the used car appraiser had told him our truck was low miles and maintained in very good condition, but they would not budge on the price. While I was typing this post, I did a search on Auto Trader and for a 2001 Durango keyword R/T:

62 for sale nationwide
Highest Price: $12,988
Lowest Price:$4,800
Average Price:$8,454

Most of these had more (some a lot more) miles than our 79K mile truck.

The Outlook we drove had mudguards ($300) plus fabric protection ($400). The dealer wanted $350 to add remote start, which is $100 higher than what most have been paying here or on the Acadia Forum.

The breakdown on this Outlook, which did not have the equipment on it we wanted, was about $1200 more than another vehicle we had gotten a quote on that did have the equipment but was not as favorable of a color. This was before the dealer add-ons.

I told the salesman we had no use for these (probably each $50 dealer cost ;)) items. The $700 was offered to be knocked down to around $500, and the remote start was taken off the table.

It is funny how the GM Supplier price of $31,363 got quickly inflated to well over $32,000 (remember list was $32,560) with this crap.

Suffice it to say these dealer add-ons that are supposed to make the dealer money partially cost them the sale on this one.

We also looked at an Acadia at an adjoining GMC dealer with the titanium leather while we were there.

The upside of the experience is Mrs. Shopper has now narrowed down the interior color she wants (ebony cloth) since the gray was too light and would be tough to keep clean, and the ebony leather is too hot for our southern sun and heat.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2008 Outlook XR
Carbon Flash
Black interior/black leather
2nd row captains chairs
power rear door, heated seats
19" polished wheels, dual chrome tip exhaust, power moonroof/2nd row skylight
12500 miles
Our Outlook was GM certified, so the Pontiac/GMC dealer we bought it from added a 12 month/120000 mile warranty on top of the 3 year/36000 mile warranty(bumper to bumper).
$28500 was the negotiated price, down from $29300.
We were very specific on the colors we wanted. We wanted either Quicksilver or Carbon Flash, but it had to have all black interior. In my area, there were only 5 used XR's over a 3 week period, and this was the 1st one I looked at, and came back and bought it 2 weeks later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We Just bought a new 2009 XE AWD Outlook with MSRP at $38,345
made a cash for clunkers trade and got 3500 off for that,
took the customers choice cash of 2250 and and applied that,
Then traded in a 2000 Dodge Durango got 5000 for that so our
Final total with transfer and taxes was $ 25,506.44!

I was very happy with that deal! This thing was loaded with options and
the only things it did not have was Leather Interior, Sunroof, Nav System and
fog lights. I am real Happy with my Red Jewel Outlook XE! We call it the Big O :thumb:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts