Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. Gonna tackle the tranny and rear diff in the next few weeks or so. I was wondering if any of you had used something other than standard branded stuff??? Should I just use the GM brand or not??? I can get great pricing on Lucas Oil stuff and was wondering if I should choose that or not?????

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Probably a good idea to use something GM recommended, because of the warranty issue and all. Keep all reciepts and document it, date, mileage, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
as long as its the recommended type i think dextron vi its synthetic about $6 a quart brand name doesn't matter lucas fluid you need to verify with a rep # on back of bottle if it is an equivlant replacement fluid for your type if the bottle doesnt say.

·
Registered
61 Posts
texas_19delta said:
as long as its the recommended type i think dextron vi its synthetic about $6 a quart brand name doesn't matter lucas fluid you need to verify with a rep # on back of bottle if it is an equivlant replacement fluid for your type if the bottle doesnt say.
I would think that as long as you use a Dexron VI ATF, you shouldn't have a problem, especially in your position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts