Saturn Outlook Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the infamous wave plate malfunction feel like? Yesterday while driving my 09 Outlook with 96000 miles on a Small road trip, 100 miles each way with about 6 hours in between legs, while traveling at highway speeds, the tranny would not shift into overdrive by any means used to do so...like coasting, going down hill etc... I thought nothing of it until my dash told me that the tranny was overheating and that I needed to idle the engine. Of course I did this and then limped my way home. It never shifted into over drive or into any gear that allowed the engine to go below 3000 rpm.

It feels okay this morning just going around town. But that is not highway speed. fluid level is right, not sure of the smell though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
cna91 said:
Any one have any idea of the symptoms I listed above? Thanks.
Very well may be the waveplate. Make sure the fluid is within the acceptable range first to rule out that simple problem.

Search over on the Acadia forum...there is recent posts about corrosion in some connector that causes problems.

When my waveplate went, there was a slip, then rough shifting all the time, then grinding (especially bad in reverse) rather quickly.

Do you have any of the 5 year/100K powertrain warranty left?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts